- CAQH ProView
- COB Smart
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Primary Source Verification
- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Industry Topics and Comment Letters
- Education and Implementation Resource Center
- HHS HIPAA Compliance
- Join CORE
CAQH CORE Call on RFI for Health Plan Identifier
First Call for Action Model Letter Development
July 01, 2015 | 03:00 PM EDT
The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is seeking comments on a Request for Information (RFI) on the Health Plan Identifier (HPID). The comments are due to HHS by July 28th, 2015. The RFI asks for comments on the following three issues regarding the HPID:
- The HPID enumeration structure outlined in the HPID final rule, including the use of the CHP/SHP and OEID concepts ["HPID Enumeration Requirements"].
- The use of the HPID in HIPAA transactions in conjunction with the Payer ID ["HPID Use Requirements"].
- Whether changes to the nation's health care system, since the issuance of the HPID final rule published September 5, 2012, have altered your perspectives about the function of the HPID.
CAQH CORE will develop a model letter which entities can use at their discretion. CAQH CORE will take several steps, as it has in the past when HHS regulatory action called for public comments, to produce this model letter. Those steps are as follows:
Please join CAQH CORE to share your input on this important effort. For any questions, please reach out to the CAQH CORE staff at CORE@caqh.org.