2010 Administration Simplification Conference
The 2010 CAQH Administrative Simplification Conference was held September 21 - 22, 2010 in Washington, DC at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. The conference focused on two CAQH initiatives: the Universal Provider Datasource (UPD) and the Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE).
Presentations from the conference may be viewed below.
View the final agenda.
- Keynote Address: Administrative Simplification from the Federal Perspective
Aneesh Chopra, Chief Technology Officer of the United States
Click here to listen to the Keynote presentation.
- Luncheon: Opportunities Resulting from Medicaid Transformation
Rick Friedman, Director, Division of State Systems, Medicaid/CMS
TRACK 1 Sessions-
Universal Provider Datasource (UPD):
- What You Should Know about Data Quality, Provider Data Collection and Enterprise-wide Applications
- Sorin Davis, CAQH
- Dana Mattingly, Coventry Health Care
- Grow Networks and Physician Satisfaction by Simplifying Provider Enrollment
- Getting Your Money’s Worth from UPD: 3 Ways to Maximize Your Organizational Investment
- Shawn McLeod, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Anthony Begando, Tenon Consulting Solutions
- Chris Dooley, Women and Infants and Kent Hospitals, Rhode Island
- Building UPD Interfaces to get the Most Value for Your Healthcare Organization
- The Future of UPD
TRACK 2 Sessions-
Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE):
- The Impact of Federal Legislation on Administrative Simplification
- Tim Kaja, United Healthcare
- Dale Chamberlain, NCPDP
- Rob Tennant, MGMA
- Mike Ubl, WEDI and Minnesota HIE Click here to listen to the CORE Session 1 presentation.
- “Front Line” Healthcare Security and Authentication Update
- Laurance Stuntz, CSC
- Jeff Barnett, VeriSign
- John Kelly, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- James Rakshys, BCBSNC Click here to listen to the CORE Session 2 presentation.
- “Best Practices” CORE Phase I and Phase II: Certifications and ROI
- Mark Austin, BCBST
- Jay Eisenstock, Aetna
- Herb Larsen, Edifecs
- Debbie McCachern, Emdeon
- Margaret Neuer, IBM Click here to listen to the CORE Session 3 presentation.
- Operating Rules 2011 – 2016: Where the Market is Headed, Key Factors for Alignment and Adoption