Data Security and Privacy
CAQH is committed to keeping physician information confidential and secure. The Universal Provider Datasource fully complies with all laws and regulations relating to the privacy of individually identifiable health information. A password-protected website ensures that only authorized medical practice staff has access to submit or update credentialing information. And providers control which participating organizations are authorized to view their data.
Furthermore, CAQH uses industry-leading technology to protect providers credentialing data and the privacy of system users, including:
- Redundant firewalls that protect all network traffic
- Secure Internet accesses to application screens
- Secure 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption
- Automatic encoding of all information exchanges
- Routine tape back-ups, stored off-site, to protect all volatile system data