- About CAQH CORE
- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Priority Topics
- Join CAQH CORE
- Resource Library
- CAQH ProView
- CAQH ProView for Groups
- CAQH ProView - Dental
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Credentialing Solutions Suite
- COB Smart
Finance and Administration
Director, Finance and Accounting
Monday, March 23, 2020
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
This position is responsible for handling the majority of the CAQH revenue and accounts receivable processes. Performs accounting practices of routine and non-routine transactions of detailed complexity, which requires knowledge of receivables management and general accounting principles. Interacts and works closely with CAQH accounting staff. This role is a full-time, non-exempt position, and reports to the Director of Finance and Accounting.
On a daily/monthly basis, performs the following duties:
- Performs the monthly customer billing process to ensure accurate accounting of items billed for various CAQH products.
- Post and reconcile daily cash receipts to appropriate customer accounts (checks to CAQH, lockbox, and ACH payments). Helps to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Reviews new customer setup activities to insure they are established with the correct fee and sales tax schedules, if applicable.
- Ensures that customers are properly classified for sales tax purposes and that documents required to substantiate tax-exempt status are properly maintained by CAQH.
- Manage collection activities and escalations as outlined in CAQH Collections and Bad Debt procedures.
- Analyze the pre-billing reports from our billing vendors or the consolidated billing database and provide feedback for any corrections or edits that need to be made.
- Assists in the monthly collection meeting with the Director of Finance and Account Management by providing the status of receivables in arrears and suggesting an appropriate course of action (e.g. write off receivable, transition to Account Management, etc.).
- Assists with other monthly closing tasks and participate in cross-training exercises to maintain appropriate segregation of duties and emergency coverage for all finance functions.
- Manage any billing and financial management support for new services offered by CAQH, including interfacing with the vendor.
- Supports the external auditors by preparing any sales and/or collection documentation as required and answering any questions that may arise from such documentation.
- Creates and updates process and procedure manuals as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to provide excellent and timely customer service.
- Must be detail-oriented with an aptitude for mathematics.
- Must be a team player who can work cooperatively with a wide variety of internal and external resources.
- Needs to be accurate, timely and responsive.
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness for problem-solving.
- Must work well independently and without ongoing supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal skills and phone demeanor.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- One year of accounting or billing experience.
- Prior experience with General Ledger and Accounts Receivable.
- Prior experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Prior experience with SalesForce preferred.
- Knowledge of Adaptive Insights is a plus, but not required.
B.A. or B.S. degree in accounting preferred but not required.
Download (177.32 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.