- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Industry Topics and Comment Letters
- Education and Implementation Resource Center
- HHS HIPAA Compliance
- Join CORE
- Provider Data Management
- CAQH ProView
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- COB Smart
- Provider Data Management
- CAQH Index
- Provider Data Collaboration
Business Analyst Manager
Friday, November 3, 2017
Saturday, November 3, 2018
The Business Analyst (BA) assists with defining, analyzing and documenting business requirements for one or more CAQH solutions. The BA will work directly with the business analyst manager, other business analysts, product managers and software developers to identify business rules, use cases and expected behavior for new product functionality, and form those rules into user stories and other technical documentation. The successful candidate will bring experience in technical business analysis, requirements management and technical documentation. The BA will assist in the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and assist in managing a project’s scope and the software acceptance process. The Business Analyst reports to the CAQH Business Analyst Manager. This position is full time, exempt.
- Participate in discovery sessions between product managers, software developers and UX designers to help design and build innovative software solutions to complex healthcare business problems.
- Gather business requirements and break them down into relevant, accurate and detailed functional requirements and user stories.
- Participate in technical design meetings between architects and developers to help gather and document their technical solutions to the business problems for which you are defining requirements.
- Participate in status meetings with business stakeholders and product management.
- Participate in backlog grooming sessions to help define new functionality, enhancement requests and software fixes, as well as to answer questions from software developers, architects, and QA analysts so they can accurately estimate.
- Work closely with the business analyst manager, product manager and development manager to help create and shape release plans.
- Review unit tests and quality assurance test cases to ensure they cover all of the relevant business scenarios.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated self-starter and creative thinker who can handle a considerable amount of unstructured, real world data and be comfortable thinking about solving problems using new and novel approaches.
- Ability to document business, market or product requirements and create functional design specifications.
- Ability to provide critical thinking skills to propose solutions and think strategically.
- Ability to occasionally create wireframes and process flow charts utilizing tools such as Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable with speaking in front of a wide variety of technical and business stakeholder audiences.
- Basic understanding of software development, relational data models.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize a full plate.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in a business analyst role or equivalent position.
- 2-3 years of experience working in any software development and/or product development role.
- Healthcare experience preferred (payer or revenue cycle management).
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, healthcare, mathematics, statistics or related field.
Download (237.83 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2016, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing federally mandated operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.