CAQH CORE Associate
Manager, CAQH CORE
Supports the day-to-day activities of the Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE), an initiative of CAQH. Serves a critical role in assisting the healthcare industry with the development and implementation of healthcare operating rules. Assists with CAQH CORE work groups which includes representatives from health plans, providers, vendors/clearinghouses, financial institutions, consulting firms and government entities. Role includes content development and administrative support including research projects, work group planning and materials development, data management and website support. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Researches, designs and drafts content for CAQH CORE work groups, which develop and maintain healthcare industry operating rules.
- Assists Manager with the development of analysis strategies, research summaries, work group facilitation documents and draft rule recommendations, in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Drafts critical tools to assist the industry with implementation and maintenance of the CAQH CORE Operating Rules.
- Assists Manager with the daily management of CAQH CORE work groups.
- Creates task lists to track the internal document development and review cycle for Work Group products. Organizes and tracks Work Group progress; updates work plans as needed and identifies and communicates any impacts of updates to schedule or scope.
- Provides scheduling, logistical oversight and meeting organization for work groups and related meetings (e.g., Co-Chair prep calls, research calls, etc.).
- With input from Manager, researches, designs and drafts work group meeting materials such as agendas, meeting minutes, research summaries, discussion documents and draft rule recommendations. Incorporates feedback from others into draft documents.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date lists of work group organizations and individual contacts in customer relationship management tool; uses the participation data to track and analyze participant engagement and monitor support levels throughout the rule development process; proactively provides recommendations to Manager as needed.
- Works collaboratively with CAQH CORE Manager, CAQH leadership and CAQH consultants in developing tools to assist the industry with implementation and maintenance of the CAQH CORE Operating Rules.
- Maintains contact with external organizations and provides timely responses to questions regarding operating rule requirements, implementation, resources and key dates. Escalates significant issues to appropriate staff and develops recommendations for organizational enhancements based on understanding of evolving CAQH CORE member needs.
- Creates initial drafts of meeting documents and updates documents for CAQH CORE members, CAQH leadership and CAQH consultants in preparation for calls and meetings. Performs meeting follow-up, including coordination regarding expected next steps and agreed upon goals.
- With support from a CAQH CORE Manager, drafts research projects in preparation for multi-stakeholder calls/meetings or for regulatory/policy-related meetings such as the National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics (NCVHS).
- Drafts external-facing presentations overviewing CAQH CORE projects and industry trends.
- Responsible for maintaining essential CAQH CORE data; receiving, entering and compiling data; and manipulating data to generate specialized reports for various groups in CAQH CORE using Salesforce and other data analytic tools.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of CAQH CORE goals and clearly communicates progress and recommendations for improvement to the CORE Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned and as needed.
- Is inspired by the work of CAQH CORE and motivated to have a positive impact on simplifying the business of healthcare and maintain an intellectual curiosity about key components of doing so.
- Strong analytic capabilities to compile and interpret data for trends, market changes, intersection with other related initiatives.
- Ability to proactively learn new and challenging content areas and distill qualitative data for broader audiences.
- Ability to take complex topics and synthesize into user-friendly documents/tools.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple assignments and follow extensive work plans.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to translate into formal presentations as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- The position also requires strong experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with survey software, e.g. Survey Monkey or Qualtrics, and/or CRM software desired.
Two years of related work experience in the healthcare industry, preferably in healthcare policy or consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business, policy and technology disciplines preferred.
- Master's level class work and/or degree in healthcare policy, healthcare administration, public policy or a related field desirable.