- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Value-Based Payments
- Industry Topics and Comment Letters
- Education and Implementation Resource Center
- Join CORE
- CAQH ProView
- CAQH ProView for Groups
- CAQH ProView - Dental
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Credentialing Solutions Suite
- COB Smart
- CAQH Index
- Provider Data Collaboration
Finance and Administration
Senior Vice President, Finance and Administration
Friday, October 12, 2018
Saturday, October 12, 2019
This is a hands-on role for a controller in a growing and fast-paced non-profit organization. CAQH is preparing to move from a shared/outsourced finance function and bring all accounting operations in house, managed by the newly created controller position. The controller will initially supervise 1-2 employees performing all billing, payables, payroll and benefits transactions and will report to the managing director of finance and administration. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Establishes, monitors, and enforces internal controls.
- Interfaces with external auditors.
- Assists with annual budget preparation and monthly monitoring.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Oversees entire monthly financial reporting process and supporting functions (A/P, A/R, Payroll, fixed assets, cash management, budget, etc.).
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Initially supervises the billing and revenue analyst, with potential for additional staff due to continued growth.
- Indirect supervision and monitoring of outsourced billing staff, as needed
- Advanced knowledge of computerized accounting and financial reporting systems required.
- Knowledge of ADP or similar payroll processing systems required
- Must have strong Excel and other Microsoft Office product skills.
- Must be a team player who can work cooperatively with a wide variety of internal and external resources.
- Needs to be accurate, timely and responsive.
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness for problem-solving.
- Must work well independently and without ongoing supervision.
- Ability to interpret financial results, analyze variances and present results to management.
- Seven or more years of accounting experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory or management role.
- Mix of public accounting and private industry preferred, but not required
- Prior experience managing full monthly financial closing cycle required
- Prior experience with Great Plains and FRx/Management Reporter preferred. Prior experience with one or more accounting software tools required.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in accounting required
- CPA preferred, but not required
Download (95.52 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.