The Data Analyst is responsible for generating monthly billing reports for one or more solutions in the CAQH portfolio of healthcare industry utilities. In addition, this role will leverage data and other resources to identify actionable trends and patterns that support business, technology and operations decision-making. Through a combination of deep domain expertise, expert product knowledge and strong data skills, the Data Analyst will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position and reports to the VP, Operations.
- Import, clean, transform, validate or model complex data sets from multiple sources in order to understand and answer business questions surrounding:
- Data quality
- Operational improvement opportunities
- Strategic planning
- Market insights
- Customer-facing business queries
- Usage metrics for CAQH utilities
- Identify root causes for problems related to adoption, usage, operations and quality, and identify improvements by pinpointing trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets.
- Design and present data and conclusions in charts, graphs and tables. Maintain ongoing reports.
- Develop and maintain data quality assurance measures and processes.
- Build out and automate CAQH internal and external reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Recommend data migration approaches for product upgrades.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Design and develop relational databases for collecting data; write Data Definition Language or Data Manipulation Language SQL commands.
- Demonstrated self-starter and creative thinker who can handle a considerable amount of unstructured, real-world data and be comfortable thinking about solving problems using new and novel approaches.
- Experience using one or more business intelligence software tools (Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.).
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (SPSS, SAS, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of a querying language such as SQL and the ability to write code without depending on an intermediary, guided interface (drag and drop tool).
- Ability to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and present data in a way that is intuitive to technical as well as nontechnical users.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize a full plate.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, schedule-driven and entrepreneurial environment.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in a Data Analyst role.
- 2+ years of performing data analysis in support of a product organization.
- Healthcare experience preferred (payer or revenue cycle management).
- Bachelor’s degree required; Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics disciplines preferred.