- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Value-Based Payments
- Industry Topics and Comment Letters
- Education and Implementation Resource Center
- HHS HIPAA Compliance
- Join CORE
- Provider Data Management
- CAQH ProView
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- COB Smart
- Provider Data Management
- CAQH Index
- Provider Data Collaboration
Finance and Administration
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Friday, February 1, 2019
Data is CAQH’s most critical asset and you will change how we think about and manage it. The Data Architect is the designer and architect of CAQH’s data analytics solutions working across product teams and solutions, responsible for the creation and the enhancement of innovative data solutions that transform the healthcare system. The Data Architect reports to the CAQH Solutions Director of Technology; the position is full time, exempt.
- Drive the implementation and development of CAQH’s Data Governance principles and guidelines. Ensure data governance guidelines are implemented consistently throughout the company’s reporting entities and tools.
- Envision, manage and mature new analytics solutions to enable easy access to key data insights. Ensure that all the products and data within the platform are architected and integrated as a cohesive unit, ensure proper documentation, source control and change management are adhered to.
- Participate in defining product data architectures for CAQH applications. Provide technical leadership to other members of the development team in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard results for internal consumer and our customers.
- Assist in the identification of areas for improvement, new analytical reporting, data mining and features enabling data-driven decision making for CAQH. Coordinate the development of these products and encourage adoption to enhance reporting and analytic capabilities.
- Work with the entire Solutions team to ensure that data platforms conform to consistent methodologies, standards and industry best practices.
- Understand the business objectives and provide solutions that efficiently meet the objects in a timely manner with a focus on data integrity and quality.
- Lead efforts for data modeling.
- Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information).
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience and proficiency in emerging data tools, architecture and analytics on large data sets.
- Extensive expertise in diverse enterprise-scale development and deployment of data analytics and business intelligence functions.
- Demonstrated analytical mindset with ability to troubleshoot and creatively solve business and technical problems across multiple companies and stakeholders.
- Ability to translate functional requirements and design specifications into technical specifications and effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, effective relationships across the organization and its solution partners.
- Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision.
- Flexible: capable of juggling multiple priorities and willing to do what it takes to meet critical deadlines
- Deep understanding of data warehouse approaches, industry standards and industry best practices with very competent SQL skills for multiple platforms.
- 10+ years of progressive database experience with a recent focus on visualizing, designing, developing and delivering database and BI applications.
- 4+ years of leadership and proficiency in the design and development of data focused solutions and tooling (including SQL and Hadoop)
- Expert level understanding of relational database concepts, dimensional database concepts and database architecture and design.
- Data analysis experience in the areas of medical or health services and PAAS data warehouse experience are preferred.
PhD or Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
Download (224.43 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.