Director, Data Science
Data is CAQH’s most critical asset and you will change how we understand and employ it. CAQH is seeking an action-oriented Data Scientist for our Data Science team. The Data Scientist will process, analyze, deliver results based on large health care databases – from CAQH, from member plans and from third parties. The successful candidate will have strong experience employing a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have the ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. The Data Scientist reports to the Director, Data Science. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to provide analytics-driven product development, marketing and business strategies.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience using Data Science computer languages (Python, SLQ, etc.).
- Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- A track record of publications is a plus.
2 or more years of experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical/machine learning models.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant fields (mathematics, physics etc.).