Director, Customer and Market Insights
SVP, Marketing and Communications
The job leads the primary and secondary market research function for the company, as well as the marketing analytics/marketing operations function.
- Provides regularly scheduled and ad-hoc research to assess customer experience and expectations over time, delivering relevant insights throughout the enterprise to address company and market opportunities.
- On-going monitoring of competitive and market landscape.
- Drives a best-in-class marketing analytics function within the marketing department to develop new and improve existing data-driven frameworks for marketing effectiveness and efficiency across media channels and predictive models for customer behaviors.
- Assesses and monitor current marketing operations, providing input on improvement in workflow efficiencies.
- Provides revenue forecasting guidance.
- Leads facilitation of cross-insights to shape decision-making.
- Mentors team and facilitates goal achievement for the CMI team.
Responsible for research, analytics and sales and marketing data. Serves as a trusted business partner to the product marketing organization in transforming it into an action-oriented, customer insights-driven operation. Leverages data and research to provide key strategic marketing insights and data-driven, actionable recommendations that improve conversion, cross-selling, or retention. This incumbent is the driving force to bring data, analytics, financial, and marketing concepts together. Strong change agent who can lead by influence cross-functionally to embed customer experience, market research and competitive intelligence findings, as well as marketing analytics, to stimulate higher level of growth for our mission. Process oriented leader, who can streamline efficiency and update functional processes across marketing and communications.
- Oversee development and execution of annual and ad hoc market research projects to drive or address business challenges and opportunities, i.e. NPS study, product concept studies, etc.
- Lead research, competitive intelligence and analytics function as a valued internal consultancy, generating insights and applying them across departments to drive improved business performance. Provides actionable take-aways from research and helps business partners understand how to change their processes/actions as a result.
- Ensure all the organization’s sales and marketing information resources are effectively leveraged to make a maximum contribution to grow the mission, including playing a leadership role in the development of strategic business and marketing plans.
- Partner with internal teams and external agencies to optimize paid media spend using a mathematically robust approach to building marketing mix models that inform decision-making related to all marketing channels and how they impact each other.
- Assist product marketing in measuring return on investment for marketing efforts, evaluating budget scenarios, forecasting appointments and conversion rates, and optimizing media and content across the customer journey.
- Monitor and analyze customer and prospect metrics. Support Pardot and Salesforce expansion by improving the ability to recommend next best action based on customer behavior and business priorities. Work with various sources of behavioral and demographic data to develop lifetime value segmentation and predictive models. Develop retention and acquisition data models for customer segments based on activity to meet marketing and business development needs. Develop Lifetime value of customer and other models to improve effectiveness and efficiency in commercial acquisition and retention.
- Develop best-in-class testing frameworks that improve the likelihood of statistically significant results. Help define dynamic reporting and data visualization needs to allow marketing team members to monitor key performance indicators. Correlate administrative cost savings and customer retention impacts. Stay up to date on emerging marketing data-related trends.
- Work cross-functionally to analyze marketing effectiveness and understand what is needed to improve marketing performance. Collaborate with product marketing, product management, finance, business development and other stakeholders. Translate business questions and marketing objectives into analytic hypotheses, data needs and reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders using their terminology.
- Ability to manage a mixed team of in-house and vendor-based resources.
- Become a trusted business partner with product management, product marketing, sales and account management.
- Knowledge of adding data elements into a new or existing CRM system and working with the business to plan and execute annual marketing and member communication campaigns.
- Knowledge of supporting a customer experience process using net promoter system (NPS) with journey mapping, facilitation, data collection, action planning and problem solving/ideation activities. Experience in NPS preferred.
- Ability to manage teams and work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations as well as to coordinate inter-departmental teams for marketing activities.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills with strong and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including executive presentations. Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt messages for different audiences and marketing/communications channels.
- Strong analytic capabilities to analyze target audience market research, competitive intelligence and in-house end to end conversion metrics (and others) to develop sound marketing strategies and measure results.
- Ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget. Proactive, independent self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities and keep the team members on track against deadlines and accountabilities.
- Ability to handle responsibilities and relationships within CAQH and among stakeholders with poise, tact, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
- Proficiency in the following:
- Salesforce (preferred) or other CRM
- Pardot (preferred) or other marketing automation
- MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Office 365) and strong PowerPoint skills
- Tableau or Salesforce Analytics Studio
- Google Analytics
- Ten years in Market Research, Competitive Intelligence and/or Data Analytics required with strong presentation and communication skills.
- Data Modeling expertise (Inclusive of Predictive Modeling), experience operating in a matrix environment; and healthcare experience preferred.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related field required. Master's Degree in Business Administration, Market Research, Analytics, Economics or related field preferred.