Director, Product Management – Payer Data Solutions
Vice President, Product Management
The Director, Product Management guides multiple teams that are responsible for the overall health and success of more than one innovative solution that transforms the healthcare system. This includes increasing user adoption and working with marketing and business development to increase sales of existing products, as well as developing new solutions and driving them into the marketplace. The Director will build and launch multiple products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and her/his contact with customers and prospects. The Director, Product Management must possess a blend of product, business, and technical expertise; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that a reality.
The Director, Product Management will work with all areas of the company. They will work with a development counterpart to define product release requirements and plans. They will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy and market research needs, helping them to understand the product positioning, key benefits, and possible target customers. The Director, Product Management will work with the business development, account management, and operations teams to create repeatable and reliable matrixed processes and full product features for multiple products. They will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for their products. The Director, Product Management reports to the Vice President, Product Management in the CAQH Solutions organization. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
Product Strategy and Development:
- Act as the strategic product or portfolio lead/owner for new and existing products; work with cross-functional teams to evaluate and define new products that align with the organizational strategy.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities for multiple products.
- Create and manage the product roadmap for multiple solutions, including the overall prioritization of product enhancements requested by internal and external stakeholders in alignment with organizational objectives and collaboration with internal functional areas.
- Support market research, identification of market problems, development of business cases with return on investments, and design conceptual solutions for existing and new CAQH Solutions.
- Evangelize assigned product concepts internally and externally to obtain buy-in and drive industry adoption.
- Coordinate across matrix resources to execute product design reviews, changes, and implementations for multiple solutions.
- Drive the development, commercialization, growth, maturity, and retirement of assigned new and existing products.
- Measure and report the actual results of the product strategy to its plan on a monthly basis.
- Support Marketing in the development and implementation of a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute flawlessly.
Sales/Account Management Enablement:
- Support internal sales teams by assisting with the development of a repeatable sales and account management process, including sales materials and tools, conducting sales training, identifying new markets, and advising on short and long-term sales and account management strategies for existing/new products.
- Support operations by soliciting input from the Operations team regarding the product design and features for a smooth transition to implementations and ongoing operations support.
- Support Technology by soliciting input from technology areas (software development, infrastructure, architecture, and security to ensure a stable, cost-effective build, run, and maintenance platform for each product).
- Promote leading healthcare industry and organizational thinking, cultivate new ideas, foster innovation, provide subject matter expertise across settings, and mentor/coach staff members.
- Ability to collaborate with Marketing to conduct market research, develop business cases, and design conceptual solutions based on business strategies and market needs.
- Ability to document business, market or product requirements and create functional design specifications based on standards defined by technology.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders using their terminology.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- 8+ years in product development / product management (preferably with a technology focus).
- 10+ years managing healthcare technology products.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Degrees in healthcare administration, public health, or technology disciplines preferred.