VP, Technology and Infrastructure Operations
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for working with clients and other CAQH staff to solve large, complicated problems in a variety of areas across the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, the Enterprise Architect works with customers, product managers, user interaction designers, software developers and other stakeholders to improve existing Enterprise and develop new ones that solve real market problems for providers, patients and health plans. The Enterprise Architect reports to the VP, Technology and Infrastructure Operations. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Participate in the research and analysis of client-identified issues or problems including identification of marketplace trends, issues and best practices.
- Evaluate and prepare analysis and feasibility studies related to potential solutions and recommended alternatives.
- Assess and evaluate adjacent technology offerings used by clients to understand how they support business requirements and identify areas to add value.
- Transform market and product requirements into a set of high-level architecture and design documents that will become the blueprint that is used by the rest of the team to build and implement the solution.
- Create visually rich, professional presentations and other documents to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying business and technical aptitude, including the cross-functional product team, senior management and customer work group members.
- Partner with the development team to provide guidance and ensure coherence between the high-level architecture and lower-level product design.
- Assist with sizing, cost and performance estimates.
- Assist with the creation of prototypes and proof-of-concept models to collect feedback and observe usability.
- Prepare and deliver engaging demos and technical presentations; lead product and technical Q&As for new solutions.
- Forward thinking with the ability to define the architecture vision for new solutions that can be used across the enterprise; ability to identify and recommend solution patterns that can be used across a suite of solutions.
- Working knowledge of common architectural patterns and best practices, including cloud computing.
- Knowledge of common application, integration, and authentication technologies used in the healthcare industry, including XML, JSON, SOAP APIs, RESTful web services, OAuth, SAML and FHIR.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to explain design rationale and build consensus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills, with an eye for detail, and able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- 6+ years designing, developing and delivering large-scale software applications, preferably in healthcare.
- 4+ years of software or enterprise architecture experience.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field.
- Enterprise or IT Architect certification desirable.