- About CAQH CORE
- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Priority Topics
- Join CAQH CORE
- Resource Library
- CAQH ProView
- CAQH ProView for Groups
- CAQH ProView - Dental
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Credentialing Solutions Suite
- COB Smart
Manager, Business Development
Manager, Business Development
Director, Business Development
Monday, November 4, 2019
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
This position is responsible for maximizing organizational growth and revenue by identifying opportunities and consultatively selling CAQH Solutions to decision-makers at a variety of United States healthcare entities. Must be able to independently manage the full sales cycle from lead generation through contract closure and transition to Account Management. Must have experience using consultative sales techniques to generate interest and move prospects through the sales cycle to signed contract.
This person will work closely with the Director of Sales, other Sales Managers, the Account Management team, Marketing, and Solutions Product team to ensure a seamless, positive and professional experience for clients. Interacts with and is an integral part of a team of professionals dedicated to the achievement of client satisfaction, revenue generation and long-term growth in line with CAQH vision and mission. This is full-time exempt position that reports to the Director, Business Development.
- Identifies and qualifies new opportunities and venues to introduce CAQH services.
- Conducts a high volume of consultative sales interactions, (approximately 75% over the telephone and 25% in person) to identify, qualify and close prospects for CAQH solutions and services. Market segments can include payers, hospitals, government and other healthcare related organizations on a local, regional and national level.
- Learns and shows proficiency in the benefits of CAQH products and may serve as the subject matter expert for one or more of the services as needed. Conducts web-based demonstrations for prospects.
- Drives the full sales cycle from prospecting to deal closing. Utilizes creative lead generation, consultative sales techniques and appropriate appointment scheduling to achieve organizational growth goals. Continuously expands and updates network, contacts and prospects. Target current clients to cross-sell new service offerings as appropriate. Identifies appropriate organizational contacts at targeted prospects and conducts outreach. Knows how to identify and reach decision-makers within targeted organizations.
- Responds in an informed, timely and professional manner to inquiries and captures necessary information to fully understand and meet prospects' needs. Maintains accurate and detailed records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales and follow-up activities utilizing Salesforce to maximize return on investment and time.
- Operates autonomously to manage the sales funnel and takes care of own work, including all necessary follow up either with internal CAQH staff, or with the external prospects.
- Educates prospects and clients on the advantages of CAQH services and know how to differentiate CAQH as an organization leveraging the mission and vision. Understands and communicates the value proposition stressing the effectiveness and usefulness of CAQH Solutions. Promotes the benefits of services to clients in terms of client's own success and results.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and actively maintains market knowledge.
- Works closely with the Director of Sales and other team members to develop goals and execute strategies.
- Understands and is driven to exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas individually and contributes proactively to the overall success of the team.
- Assists in the Exhibit Booth at CAQH and industry conferences and meetings as needed.
- Recognizes opportunities for service enhancements through client and prospect feedback and communicates this input to the organization.
- Tracks and assists Director with non-standard contract negotiations to achieve a successful and timely conclusion. May negotiate contract terms as delegated by Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal and telephone communication skills with the ability to sell, both new and existing services, at all decision-making levels.
- Ability to listen actively, synthesize client or prospect needs and then present CAQH product solutions in a flexible and responsive manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks seamlessly without a drop in quality. Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow-up consistently to resolve concerns and ensure client satisfaction.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to experience negative results and yet retain and sustain focus, professionalism and enthusiasm for work and CAQH products over an extended period of time.
- Persistent and unafraid of asking for the business and closing the sale.
- Ability to interact, cooperate and work closely with all levels of internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and sustain high level of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and desire to contribute individually, to the team, and to the organization.
- Fully proficient with Salesforce as well as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum five years of outside B2B consultative sales experience in the health IT, healthcare payer or related industry.
- Experience selling to health plans preferred.
B.A./B.S. degree in Business, Healthcare, Marketing or related field required.
Download (115.7 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.