Manager, Contracts and Compliance
Joni Hong, Senior Counsel
The Contracts and Compliance Manager will support, and reports to, the Senior Counsel in managing all contractual matters. This role is a full-time, exempt position and supports implementation of processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract management and contract execution.
- Support the Senior Counsel in day-to-day workflow tasks, including blacklining, proofreading, responding to counter-parties in a timely manner, and tracking contracts in process to drive forward progress on negotiation.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating all contracts.
- Collaborate and provide legal support to internal business teams and third parties to gather and synthesize information for agreements.
- Updating and maintaining contract templates.
- Assist with design of best practices for contract negotiation, storage, renewals, modifications and contractual compliance.
- Build out contract management system and associated contract databases to maintain detailed records of all executed contracts.
- Ensure organization is compliant and meets contract terms and conditions with our clients and meets Information Security, Legal, Risk and Privacy process controls.
- Perform activities to support and enforce the organization’s compliance program.
- May assist in new business pursuit and associated contract strategy.
- Perform special projects, as assigned.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under time constraints, adapt to shifting priorities, and to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of internal business team members and management, and external clients.
- Developed analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Office 365, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
- DocuSign experience a plus.
Five years of procurement, contract administration, contract management or negotiation experience. Experience in healthcare preferred.
- Juris Doctor with at least two years of experience preferred.
- 5+ years of procurement, contract administration, management or negotiation experience.