- About CAQH CORE
- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Priority Topics
- Join CAQH CORE
- Resource Library
- CAQH ProView
- CAQH ProView for Groups
- CAQH ProView - Dental
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Credentialing Solutions Suite
- COB Smart
Manager, Strategy and Innovation
Manager, Strategy and Innovation
Director, Strategy and Innovation
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Friday, May 14, 2021
The Manager, Strategy and Innovation is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Director, Strategy and Innovation of CAQH. The position is a key member of the strategy team and is responsible for leading strategic projects and supporting the exploration of new initiatives and partnerships.
The Manager provides support to the Director, Strategy and Innovation to contribute to a variety of activities. These can include executing on proofs-of-concept to validate hypotheses around new initiatives and partnerships, in-depth analysis of key questions to inform strategic business decisions and identifying change opportunities that better positions CAQH to achieve its strategic goals.
This work requires an understanding of the health care environment, strengths and challenges within CAQH relative to the industry, and external and regulatory dynamics that influence success. Key is the ability to collaborate across the organization to collect data and insights, and to recruit and encourage cross-functional participation related to specific project activities.
- Perform in-depth research and analysis to answer key business questions and contribute to strategic recommendations that are consumable and actionable by CAQH leadership.
- Author, edit, and deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders that synthesize key information to support strategic decision making within CAQH and its work groups.
- Build financial models that analyze economic factors of strategic decisions.
- Explore new business opportunities by assessing return-on-investment, transition costs, alignment with strategic goals, and competitive risks.
- Support the strategic planning process by reviewing and analyzing business cases for new initiatives to determine strategic alignment, risk, and relative business opportunity.
- Collect and analyze metrics to measure performance and progress toward strategic goals. Collaborate with data analysts to present these in a compelling and comprehensible way.
- Act as a key advisor to the Director, Strategy and Innovation.
- Engage external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, being alert to opportunities for growth in support of the mission.
- Participate in analysis that contributes to data-driven recommendations and proposed solutions.
- Support an openness to innovation in thinking and approach.
- Develop and manage channels to engage internal and external stakeholders in CAQH initiatives.
- Represent CAQH in partnerships, coalitions, task forces and committees that further the mission.
- Continuously monitor the external environment, tracking trends and issues that may affect the strategy and operation of the organization.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understands the health information technology marketplace. Grasps complex topics related to software and technology and understands how they affect industry dynamics.
- Intellectual curiosity in both problem solving and independent knowledge acquisition, and an ability to view issues with a fresh perspective.
- Ability to take a “systems thinking” approach when presented with a problem, understanding the multiple dimensions of the problem, how they relate to one another, and their relative impact.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, propose creative solutions, and compel change.
- Works collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, and customers.
- Ability to apply strategic frameworks to analyze problems and guide and develop solutions.
- Passion to solve complex problems and the initiative and ability to do so independently.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, written and verbally, tailoring the messaging to effectively fit and influence the target audience.
- Broad interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and cultivate relationships with senior health plan executives and director-level managers.
- Personal commitment to the CAQH mission and vision, as well as the values of the organization.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Office 365 and PowerPoint).
- Five years of experience, with at least two years working in a strategy, product, or innovation capacity at a product or B2B healthcare technology organization.
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment, including players, relationships, interactions across stakeholders, trends and the general policy landscape. Ability to distill and apply insights.
- Experience in participating in the development of major initiatives.
- Experience in supporting organizational change and transition.
- Experience in supporting program design, development and implementation.
- Experience in a period of rapid growth and/or transition would be helpful.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or technical fields required. MBA or other relevant Masters degree strongly preferred.
Download (116.91 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.