Manager, Technical Documentation and Data Stewardship
Senior Product Manager – Data Stewardship
The Manager, Technical Documentation and Data Stewardship is responsible for generating innovative ideas for content and documentation in support of product development activity for CAQH sponsored solutions.
As Product Management prioritizes key areas of work, the Manager, Technical Documentation and Data Stewardship aligns the product roadmap and with a documentation plan for key product documentation deliverables. They will work with Product Managers and Product Owners to gather the information required to deliver the required documentation for the project. They will also partner with Operations, Account Management, and Product Marketing/Communications teams to provide the information those teams need for their customer-facing deliverables such as training, implementation manuals and marketing communications. They will serve as the Product team contact for other CAQH departments that are looking for or need new technical documentation to support their work. They will also interface with the technology team to ensure that all documentation from a technical perspective is correct and ready to release.
The Manager, Technical Documentation and Data Stewardship will also contribute to the Data Stewardship of Provider Data. They will inform the Data Stewardship lead of any updates or considerations concerning data as they interact with the projects they are documenting.
The Manager, Technical Documentation and Data Stewardship owns the technical documentation released from the Product team. They own the structure and content of these documents. They own the revisions and revision schedule of the documentation. They are responsible for all the processes and procedures that enable a smooth and effective documentation delivery system for all products delivered by the Product team. They represent the Product team interests by determining the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest end user comprehension, generating innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions, collaborating with internal SMEs and product team members to ensure specialized content is appropriately addressed in documentation, reviewing and copyediting material produced on behalf of the Product Team, and analyzing information required for the update or development of policy, procedure or form documentation related to CAQH solutions.
The Manager, Technical Documentation and Data Stewardship reports to the Senior Product Manager, Data Stewardship. This position is full time, exempt and remote.
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of health plan and provider group administration data administration, and how provider data plays a role in multiple use cases within the health care industry.
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of the fundamentals of CAQH provider data solutions.
- Communicates and collaborates with Product team staff to plan, develop, and produce high quality communication products in a Scaled Agile environment.
- Participates in Program Increment planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-Ups, Feature Demonstrations, Retrospectives, and other Scaled Agile ceremonies as needed to build and support documentation processes and standards.
- Develops templates and reusable documentation tools that ensure the documentation produced has a professional look and feel, readable and usable.
- Edits, re-writes and produces original writing and support materials that include documents, graphics, tutorial pages, user guides, and other customer facing content.
- Performs mechanical and substantive edits, applying correct grammar, technical term usage, and CAQH solutions nomenclature.
- Maintains data documentation in support of both internal and external audience needs.
- Develops processes and procedures for the documentation process.
- Develops documentation management plans and processes, as well as recommend, where needed, additional tools and systems to ensure documents are securely maintained.
- Compiles and formats large and complex technical support documents.
- Maintains and updates legacy CAQH solution content.
- Ensures projects adhere to schedules and deadlines associated to release calendar and Scaled Agile development lifecycle.
- Sets work priorities to meet changing deadlines and scope of work definitions.
- Applies CAQH corporate style standards in all communications.
- Maintains content storage and access protocols.
- Demonstrated self-starter and creative thinker who can leverage unstructured, real-world data and be comfortable thinking about solving problems using novel approaches.
- A “systems thinker” who can quickly understand how a solution can have impact on and be impacted by more than just the immediate product component being worked.
- Analytical capabilities to identify and assess solution options in collaboration with the software development team and present informed visualizations to management.
- Written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in writing, editing, maintaining and managing technical documentation.
- Experienced in developing the framework for processes and procedures for document management.
- 7 years of firsthand technical writing, editing, and document management
- Healthcare experience preferred. Experience writing within a highly regulated industry is required.
- Fluency in technical and common office software (Visio, MS Project, etc.…)
- Proven experience in developing procedures and processes, and maintaining and managing documents and other artifacts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; healthcare administration, public health, or technology disciplines preferred.