- About CAQH CORE
- Operating Rules
- New Operating Rule Structure
- Eligibility & Benefits
- Claim Status
- Payment & Remittance
- Prior Authorization & Referrals
- Health Care Claims
- Benefit Enrollment
- Premium Payment
- Mandated Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Priority Topics
- Join CAQH CORE
- Resource Library
- CAQH ProView
- CAQH ProView for Groups
- CAQH ProView - Dental
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Credentialing Solutions Suite
- COB Smart
Operations Technical Analyst
Operations Technical Analyst
Senior Manager, Operations Technology
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
The Operations Technical Analyst assists with defining, analyzing, and documenting business requirements for one or more CAQH Solutions and operations. The Operations Technical Analyst will work directly with the Senior Operations Manager, other operations team members, product managers, technology directors and software developers to identify business rules, use cases and expected behavior for new product functionality, business processes, and form those rules into user stories and other technical or training documentation. The successful candidate will bring experience in technical business analysis, business process review, requirements management and technical documentation. The Operations Technical Analyst will assist in the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and business case process. The Operations Technical Analyst reports to the CAQH Senior Manager, Operations Technology. This position is full time, exempt.
- Participate in discovery sessions between operations team members, technology directors, product managers, and software developers to help design improved business processes and solutions to complex internal business management processes.
- Gather business requirements and break them down into relevant, accurate and detailed functional requirements, process diagrams, problem statements, and user cases.
- Participate in technical design meetings between CAQH employees, operations team members, technology directors, and solution developers to help gather and document technical and business process solutions to the business problems for which you are defining requirements.
- Participate in status meetings with business stakeholders and product management.
- Participate in backlog grooming sessions to help define new functionality, enhancement requests and software fixes, as well as to answer questions from stakeholders so they can accurately estimate work efforts.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Operations Technology on organization change management process.
- Work with testing to develop use cases to ensure they cover all of the relevant end-user scenarios.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated self-starter and creative thinker who can handle a considerable amount of unstructured, real world data and be comfortable thinking about solving problems using new and novel approaches.
- Ability to document business process, requirements and create functional design specifications and process diagrams.
- Ability to provide critical thinking skills to propose solutions and think strategically.
- Ability to occasionally create wireframes and process flow charts utilizing tools such as Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable with speaking in front of a wide variety of technical and business stakeholder audiences.
- Basic understanding of software development, relational data models.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize a full plate.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in a business analyst role or equivalent position.
- 2-3 years of experience working in any software development and/or product development role.
- Healthcare experience preferred (payer or revenue cycle management).
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, healthcare, mathematics, statistics or related field.
Download (109.87 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.