Director, Product Management
The Product Manager guides the team that is charged with delivering product line contribution for one or more innovative solutions that transform the healthcare system. This includes increasing sales and user adoption of existing products and helping develop new solutions based on industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. A successful Product Manager must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that a reality.
The Product Manager will work with all areas of the company along with a development counterpart to define product release requirements and plans. They will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. They will work with the sales team to create a repeatable sales process. They will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for their products. The Product Manager reports to Director, Product Management in the CAQH Solutions organization. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Product Champion – Act as the product lead/owner for new and existing products; work with cross-functional teams to enhance existing products.
- Execute the entire product lifecycle and tactical activities.
- Prioritize enhancement requests and develop and maintain a product roadmap that casts a vision both internally and externally of where the product is going.
- Develop a deep understanding of target customer needs and represent the needs of the customer when defining, designing, building, and launching product.
- Evangelize customer needs and assigned product concepts internally and externally to obtain buy-in and drive industry adoption.
- Coordinate cross-functionally across matrix resources to execute product design reviews, changes, and implementations.
- Utilize product management tools (Aha!/JIRA) and development practices (SAFE Agile) to support CAQH Solution development initiatives.
- Drive the development and retirement of assigned existing products.
- Measure and report the actual results of the product strategy to its plan.
- Go-to-Market – Support the marketing team in the development and implementation of a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Sales Enablement – Support sales teams by assisting with the development of a repeatable sales process, including sales materials and tools, conducting sales training, identifying new markets, and advising on short and long-term sales strategies existing/new products.
- Ability to conduct market research, develop business cases, and design conceptual solutions.
- Ability to document business, market or product requirements and create functional design specifications.
- Ability to evaluate product ideas and requests from numerous sources and articulate a rationale for those that are worth pursuing.
- Ability to make and defend decisions related to economic trade-offs and prioritization.
- Ability to create written, graphic and summary documents and presentations for internal and external use in communicating product goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders using their terminology.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- 3-5 years in product development / product management (preferably with a technology focus).
- 2+ years managing healthcare technology products.
- People management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Degrees in healthcare administration, public health, or technology disciplines preferred.