Senior Product Manager
The Product Owner is the key representative of Product Management and the voice of customers on the integrated software development team.
As Product Management prioritizes key areas of work during a program increment, the Product Owner will collaborate with Product Managers to decompose the definition of such work so that the integrated team can review, commit, and execute on the work within a defined period. The Product Owner will ensure that the software development team understands the intent and requirements of feature and user story definition, and that the team is aligned on all acceptance criteria. The Product Owner represents customer interests and continuously dictates team backlog priorities. During software development and through release, the Product Owner is embedded within the team and is responsible for accepting delivered user stories. The Product Owner reports to the Product Manager - ProView. This position is full time, exempt.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to translate feature definition into detailed user stories that can be executed by an integrated software development team.
- Build, maintain, and prioritize the team backlog. Maximize the value of a release.
- Participate in Program Increment planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-Ups, Feature Demonstrations, Retrospectives, and other Scaled Agile ceremonies.
- Accept user stories delivered by the integrated software development team.
- Be available to the integrated software development team continuously and be a subject matter expert on customer needs, feature intent, and product domain.
- Maintain and report on development status using burn down and velocity charts.
- Contribute to the product backlog and roadmap.
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge of health plan and provider group administration, and how provider data plays a role in multiple use cases within the health care industry.
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of your assigned solution.
- Demonstrated self-starter and creative thinker who can leverage unstructured, real world data and be comfortable thinking about solving problems using novel approaches.
- A “systems thinker” who can quickly understand how a solution can have impact on and be impacted by more than just the immediate product component being worked.
- Analytical capabilities to identify and assess solution options in collaboration with the software development team and present informed recommendations to management.
- 2-3 years of hands-on product management, product owner or business analyst experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology, and experience working with technical teams.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems degree desired.
- SAFe PM/PO or Scrum Product Owner or Scrum Master Certification desired.
Bachelor’s degree required; healthcare administration, public health, or technology disciplines preferred.