Provider Engagement Analyst
Director of Provider Engagement
The Provider Engagement Analyst assists with identifying, researching, and analyzing trends in provider behavior as they relate to provider data and workflows. The Provider Engagement Analyst will support the Director of Provider Engagement with the development of business insights that will inform the overall strategy for Provider Engagement as well as the creation of thought leadership materials, and key recommendations for product enhancements. This research will make use of both internal and external data sets to generate insights.
The Provider Engagement Analyst will work directly with the Director of Provider Engagement, other Account Management team members, and key partners from other departments (Industry Relations, Marketing and Communications, Strategy, Operations, Product etc.) to identify trends and structure research projects that generate key business insights. The successful candidate will bring experience in market research, technical business analysis, data analysis and data visualization. The ideal candidate has a track record of discerning the story behind data. The Provider Engagement Analyst reports to the Director of Provider Engagement. This position is full time, exempt.
- Participate in discovery sessions between Provider Engagement team members, Industry Relations, Marketing and Communications, Product Managers, and Operations team members.
- Perform discovery to identify currently available market research regarding provider behavior, provider data management platforms, health system operations, and health plan operations.
- Design and execute quantitative data analyses using both internal and external data sets.
- Translate research and analyses into observations to drive organizational awareness of key trends in provider behavior and activity.
- Synthesize Provider Engagement content and collateral (charts, graphs, tables etc.) that will be used by the Provider Engagement team to engage key provider stakeholders, participating organizations, and providers.
- Deliver quarterly trend reports that highlight actionable insights to inform Provider Engagement strategy and tactics, product development, and thought leadership.
- Participate in status meetings with Account Management team to review changes in provider activity within CAQH provider data solutions.
- Collaborate with Account Management team members and Operations team on the design process for enhancements to CAQH internal reporting capabilities.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communication team members to support strategy for marketing campaigns and digital communications targeted at stimulating provider engagement and activity within CAQH provider data solutions.
- Perform ad hoc research projects in support of Provider Engagement.
- Maintain ongoing reports.
- Demonstrated self-starter and creative thinker who can handle a considerable amount of unstructured, real-world data and be comfortable thinking about solving problems using new and novel approaches.
- Ability to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and present data in a way that is intuitive to technical as well as nontechnical users.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to propose solutions and think strategically.
- Experience using one or more business intelligence software tools (Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (SPSS, SAS, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of a querying language such as SQL and the ability to write code without depending on an intermediary, guided interface (drag and drop tool).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable with speaking in front of a wide variety of technical and business stakeholder audiences.
- Basic understanding of software development and relational data models.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, schedule-driven and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize a full plate.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management platforms such as Salesforce is preferred.
- Minimum of four years of hands-on experience in a data analyst role.
- 2+ years of performing data analysis in support of a product organization.
- Healthcare experience preferred (provider data or network management).
Bachelor’s degree required; Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics disciplines preferred.