Senior Account Manager
Associate Director, Account Management
The Senior Account Manager position is responsible for managing a designated portfolio of complex and key CAQH clients. Management involves the delivery of quality service, expansion and maintenance of current and future relationships, and an ongoing profitable business with maximized revenue. This role is accountable for the retention of clients along with expanding their utilization of CAQH services. The Senior Account Manager fully understands the client’s business needs and can articulate those needs to leadership and cross-functional internal teams to provide tailored solutions. This role reports directly to the Associate Director, Account Management. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Portfolio Management – Proactively build strong account staff relationships and manage assigned accounts to achieve CAQH revenue goals and up-sell appropriate CAQH services. Maintain comprehensive understanding of CAQH, its services and how they benefit assigned accounts. Develop and execute account specific strategies that identify client needs and positions CAQH services to meet those needs. Develop and conduct quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with key accounts. Ensure all account communications are tracked within Salesforce.
- Revenue Ownership – Share ownership of product revenue with Sales and Account Management stakeholders outlining measurable business value and returns. Propose and meet annual revenue targets for new and existing products. Ensure revenue growth is met year over year based on Vice President targets.
- Collaboration – Collaborate and coordinate to achieve outcomes and drive solutions with multiple areas including CAQH’s Strategy, Sales, Product, Product Management, Operations, Technology, and Finance departments to address existing product gaps, design issues, customer requests, and adoption targets.
- Mentor Account Managers – Guide, motivate, and mentor account managers to achieve departmental and organizational objectives and a culture of collaboration, productivity, accountability, business acumen, and product knowledge.
- Healthcare Trends- Identify, assess, and share market demands, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitor activities that can impact account goals and strategic objectives with senior management.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Flexibility, reliability, and thorough follow-through skills necessary.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to listen actively, synthesize client or needs and then present CAQH product and solutions in a flexible and responsive manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with participating organizations, providers, user workgroups and advisory committees, and business and technical stakeholders using appropriate industry terminology.
- Ability to experience negative results and yet retain and sustain focus, professionalism, and enthusiasm for work and CAQH products over an extended period.
- Ability to manage teams and work collaboratively and effectively across matrixed organizations using diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver executive presentations.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Office 365 and PowerPoint, and Salesforce).
- 8+ years of account management and/or sales experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing Key clients (national accounts or Fortune 500 companies).
- Proven history of successful account management: promoting a product or service while developing and managing successful client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Degree in healthcare administration, public health, or technology disciplines preferred.