- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Value-Based Payments
- Industry Topics and Comment Letters
- Education and Implementation Resource Center
- Join CORE
- CAQH ProView
- CAQH ProView for Groups
- CAQH ProView - Dental
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Credentialing Solutions Suite
- COB Smart
Senior Healthcare Policy & Data Analyst
Senior Healthcare Policy & Data Analyst
Monday, January 7, 2019
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
More than a decade ago, CAQH established the CAQH Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE®) as an industry-wide collaboration committed to the development and adoption of healthcare operating rules for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) administrative transactions. CAQH then established its Explorations arm to research and measure the rate of adoption of HIPAA transactions and their impact on the administrative workflow between providers and health plans.
The Senior Healthcare Policy & Data Analyst serves a critical role in assisting the healthcare industry with the development and implementation of healthcare operating rules to simplify administrative business functions by moving to electronic processes, with a focus on value-based purchasing. The position will use data and analytic skills to measure the time and cost savings associated with streamlining administrative business processes across the healthcare industry.
The Senior Healthcare Policy & Data Analyst reports to the Director, Explorations with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Manager, CORE. The position is full time, exempt.
- Researches, designs and drafts content for CAQH CORE Work Groups, which develop and maintain healthcare industry operating rules.
- Develops analysis strategies, research summaries, Work Group facilitation documents and draft rule recommendations, in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Assists in developing critical tools, such as frequently asked questions (FAQs), planning guides and website modules to support the industry with implementation and maintenance of the CAQH CORE Operating Rules.
- Provides daily coordination of CAQH CORE Work Groups.
- Creates and manages task lists to track the internal document development and review cycle for Work Group work products. Uses existing work plans to organize and track Work Group progress; updates work plans as needed and identifies and communicates any impacts of updates to schedule or scope.
- Provides scheduling, logistical oversight and meeting organization for work groups and related meetings (e.g., Co-Chair Prep Calls, Work Group Calls, etc.).
- Serves as a primary contact for CAQH CORE Work Group members who have questions regarding timelines, documents, and meeting agenda items.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date lists of Work Group organizations and individual contacts in customer relationship management tool; uses the participation data to track and analyze participant engagement and monitor support levels throughout the rule development process; proactively provides recommendations to Manager as needed.
- Supports creation of CAQH Index report and research.
- Participates in the collection and management of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Compiles and maintains database to ensure accurate and timely data.
- Analyzes quantitative and qualitative data and contributes to the reporting and interpretation of findings.
- Conducts literature/article reviews to support research topics related to administrative transactions.
- Interacts with vendors, external stakeholders and/or audiences.
- Assists with the coordination and management of project tasks, including communication and outreach activities.
- Conducts analyses to support company initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with CAQH staff to identify and support research that promotes value and CAQH as a thought leader in the healthcare arena.
- Drafts research designs and methodologies.
- Conducts statistical analyses and writes reports.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Desire and ability to learn new and challenging content areas.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytic capabilities to compile, distill and interpret data for broader audiences.
- Ability to take complex topics and synthesize into user-friendly documents/tools.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple assignments and follow extensive work plans.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into business language as needed.
- Ability to outline slide flow and content, and develop formal PowerPoint presentations to convey information effectively for executive audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using statistical software programs such as R, SPSS, or Stata to analyze and manage data.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of data collection and analysis methodologies and techniques, such as survey design, analysis of primary and secondary data, and conduct of structured interviews.
- Knowledge of the healthcare revenue cycle and the key parties involved is desirable.
- Knowledge of value-based care and purchasing is desirable.
- Is inspired by the work of CAQH CORE and motivated to have a positive impact on simplifying the business of healthcare. Maintains an intellectual curiosity about how to accomplish this goal through industry collaboration.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in the healthcare industry with a bachelor's degree or minimum of two years related work experience in the healthcare industry with a master's degree.
- Bachelor’s degree required; public health, healthcare policy, or a related field.
- Master's degree preferred; public health, healthcare policy, or healthcare administration.
Download (63.66 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.