- About CAQH CORE
- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Value-based Payments
- Join CAQH CORE
- Resource Library
- CAQH ProView
- CAQH ProView for Groups
- CAQH ProView - Dental
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Credentialing Solutions Suite
- COB Smart
Senior Manager, Account Management
Senior Manager, Account Management
Director, Account Management
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Friday, August 28, 2020
The Senior Manager, Account Management is responsible for developing and managing relationships with assigned CAQH member plans and/or key accounts as well as optimizing account management processes, managing account managers, and onboarding/training new hires.
The position requires a demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex relationships, identify customer needs, develop and execute plans and effectively identify and communicate value propositions to multiple decision makers. The Senior Manager, Account Management position reports to the Director of Account Management; the position is full time, exempt.
- Retain and build strong client relationships.
- Respond to all client inquiries in an informed, timely and professional manner; captures all necessary information to track each client’s needs.
- Proactively build strong account staff relationships and manage assigned accounts to achieve CAQH revenue goals.
- Track and report client interactions using Salesforce; ensuring that systems are current.
- Track account activities, identify and report trends, and incorporate findings into existing and future client plans.
- Cultivate stakeholder and industry relationships to promote CAQH services and incorporate their feedback.
- Develop and execute account specific strategies that identify client needs and positions CAQH services to meet those needs.
- Identify and analyze any client dissatisfaction and develop recommendations on how to address.
- Help drive solution development efforts to address account needs and coordinate the involvement of all necessary CAQH personnel.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of CAQH, its services and how they benefit assigned accounts.
- Identify sale opportunities (leads) for Business Development.
- Understand assigned book of business.
- Identify, assess, and share market demands, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitor activities that
- Act as internal SME for assigned clients.
- Act as back up to Director, Account Management.
- Perform collection activities as required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as may be required to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
Specific Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Act as coach and mentor to Account Managers, providing guidance and support in handling their accounts.
- Represent the Account Management team at internal product/program meetings.
- Attend and participate in product triage meetings.
- Review and approve JIRA tickets when necessary.
- Attend and participate product and process design meetings.
- Coordinate and conduct account manager new hire onboarding and training. Including development of a 30, 60, 90-day plan for each new hire.
- Organize and plan account management development and trainings.
- Handle the assignment of new clients to account managers.
- Coordinate quarterly creation and delivery of the ProView Account Management Newsletter.
- Coordinate with the Director of Account Management on the weekly team meeting.
- Formulate agenda.
- Send out notes and follow up items.
- Develop account management templates for strategic accounts and executive summaries.
- Ensure strategic initiatives are aligned across account managers and senior account managers.
- Coordinate account management approaches across all products to both Account Managers and Senior Account Managers.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Team player that can interact, cooperate and work closely with all levels of internal and external colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal (people) skills.
- Ability to motivate the account management team, delegate responsibilities, listen to feedback, and have the flexibility to solve problems in an ever-changing workplace.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and good time management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, reliability and follow-through skills necessary.
- Able to work well independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and telephone communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the client.
- Ability to listen actively, synthesize client or needs and then present CAQH product and solutions in a flexible and responsive manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks seamlessly without a drop-in quality. Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow consistently to resolve concerns and ensure client satisfaction.
- Ability to experience negative results and yet retain and sustain focus, professionalism and enthusiasm for work and CAQH products over an extended period.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgement and sustain high level of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and desire to contribute individually, to the team, and to the organization.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce.
- Seven (7) or more years of account management and/or sales experience in health insurance or health information technology companies is strongly preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of progressive management experience.
- Proven history of successful account management: promoting a product or service while developing and managing successful client relationships.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Marketing, Communications, Healthcare Administration or a related field.
- Master’s degree a plus.
Download (115.38 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.