Senior Manager, Business Development
Senior Vice President, Business Development
The Senior Manager, Business Development is responsible for maximizing organizational growth and revenue by identifying opportunities and consultatively selling CAQH Solutions to decision-makers at a variety of healthcare entities. Ideal candidate has ten or more years of consultative sales experience, in the healthcare industry and calling on healthcare payers. In addition, candidate should have a proven track record of client satisfaction and retention and four or more years of selling technology or technology-based solutions.
Must be able to independently manage the full sales cycle from lead generation through contract closure and transition to Account Management. Must have experience using consultative sales techniques to generate interest and move prospects through the sales cycle to signed contract. Will work closely with the SVP Business Development, other Sales Managers, the Account Management team, and Solutions Product team to ensure a seamless, positive, and professional experience for clients. Interacts with and is an integral part of a team of professionals dedicated to the achievement of client satisfaction, revenue generation and long-term growth in line with CAQH vision and mission.
- Identifies and qualifies new opportunities introduce or cross sell CAQH services.
- Conducts a high volume of consultative sales interactions, (approximately 75% over the telephone/video conference and 25% in person) to identify, qualify and close prospects for all CAQH services. Market segments can include payers, hospitals, government, and other healthcare related organizations on a local, regional, and national level.
- Learns and shows proficiency in the benefits of all CAQH products and may serve as the subject matter expert for one or more of the services. Conducts web-based demonstrations for prospects.
- Drives the full sales cycle from prospecting to deal closing. Utilizes creative lead generation, consultative sales techniques, and appropriate appointment scheduling to achieve organizational growth goals and personal quota. Continuously expands and updates network, contacts, and prospects. May target current clients regarding new service offerings if appropriate in partnership with Account Management team. Identifies appropriate organizational contacts at targeted prospects and conducts outreach. Knows how to identify and reach decision-makers within targeted organizations.
- Responds in an informed, timely and professional manner to inquiries and captures necessary information to fully understand and meet prospects' needs. Maintains accurate and detailed records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities utilizing current Customer Relations Management (CRM) software to maximize focus and efficiency.
- Operates autonomously to manage the sales funnel and takes care of own work, including all necessary follow up either with internal CAQH staff, or with the external prospects. As appropriate, cross sells new services to existing clients.
- Educates prospects and clients on the advantages of CAQH services and know how to differentiate CAQH as an organization leveraging our mission and vision. Understands and communicates the value proposition stressing the effectiveness and usefulness of CAQH Solutions. Promotes the benefits of services to clients in terms of client's own success and results.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and maintains market knowledge.
- Works closely with the SVP Business Development and other team members to develop goals and execute strategies.
- Understands and is driven to exceed quarterly and annual sales goals individually and contributes proactively to the overall success of the team.
- Attends and assists with CAQH conferences and meetings.
- Recognizes opportunities for services enhancements through client and prospect feedback and communicates this input to leadership.
- Tracks and assists SVP Business Development with non-standard contract negotiations to achieve a successful and timely conclusion. May negotiate contract terms as delegated by SVP.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
Percent of Travel
- Exceptional interpersonal and telephone communication skills with the ability to sell, both new and existing services, at all decision-making levels.
- Ability to listen actively, synthesize client or prospect needs and then present CAQH product solutions in a flexible and responsive manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks seamlessly without a drop in quality. Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow consistently to resolve concerns and ensure client satisfaction.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to experience negative results and yet retain and sustain focus, professionalism, and enthusiasm for work and CAQH products over an extended period of time.
- Persistent and unafraid of asking for the business and closing the sale.
- Ability to interact, cooperate and work closely with all levels of internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and sustain high level of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and desire to contribute individually, to the team, and to the organization.
- Fully proficient with CRM software as well as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ten or more years of consultative sales experience, in the healthcare industry and calling on healthcare payers.
- Four or more years selling technology or technology-based solutions.
- Four or more years of client relationship management experience with a proven track record of client satisfaction and retention.
B.A./B.S. degree in Business, Healthcare, Marketing, or related field required.