Senior Manager, Customer & Market Insights
VP, Product Management
Leads the primary and secondary market research function for the company to inform overall product strategy and direction.
- Facilitates regularly scheduled and ad-hoc research to assess customer experience and expectations over time, delivering relevant insights throughout the enterprise to address company and market opportunities.
- Oversees on-going monitoring of competitive intelligence and market landscape.
- Drives development of cross-functional insights to shape decision-making.
Responsible for research, voice of the customer analytics and market validation for new and existing product priorities. Strong change agent who can incorporate customer experience, market research and competitive intelligence findings, as well as market analytics, to develop new competitively differentiated products and enhance existing products as needed.
- Oversee development and execution of annual and ad hoc market research projects to drive or address business challenges and opportunities.
- Manage transactional and competitive NPS program design and execution, and report results to CAQH staff on a quarterly basis.
- Measure customer loyalty and satisfaction using innovative and evolutionary methods.
- Develop and maintain KPI dashboards for each CAQH solution.
- Design and lead product concept studies.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of vendors with different market research expertise areas.
- Develop and manage a competitive intelligence governance process.
- Lead research, competitive intelligence, and analytics function as a valued internal consultancy, generating insights and applying them across departments to drive improved business performance.
- Track publicly available competitive news, announcements, and messaging to be reported to CAQH leadership.
- Provide actionable take-aways from research and helps business partners understand how to change their processes/actions as a result.
- Ensure all the organization’s CMI resources are effectively leveraged to make a maximum contribution to grow the mission.
- Assist in the development of strategic business and marketing plans.
- Develop best-in-class testing frameworks that improve the likelihood of useable results.
- Stay up to date on emerging marketing data-related trends.
- Work cross-functionally to analyze product effectiveness and understand what is needed to improve product capability and or differentiation to win in the market.
- Collaborate with product marketing, product management, finance, business development and other stakeholders.
- Translate business questions and marketing objectives into analytic hypotheses, data needs and reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders using their terminology.
- Ability to support a mix of in-house and vendor-based resources.
- Ability to serve as a trusted business partner with product management, product marketing, sales, and account management.
- Knowledge of customer experience processes using net promoter score (NPS) with journey mapping, facilitation, data collection, action planning and problem solving/ideation activities. Experience in NPS preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations to ensure stakeholder alignment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt messages for different audiences and marketing/communications channels.
- Strong analytic capabilities to analyze target audience market research, competitive intelligence, and in-house end to end conversion metrics (and others) to develop product capabilities to drive product and market growth.
- Ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget. Proactive, independent self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities and keep the team members on track against deadlines and accountabilities.
- Ability to handle responsibilities and relationships within CAQH and among stakeholders with poise, tact, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
- 3-5 years in Market Research, Competitive Intelligence and/or Data Analytics required with strong presentation and communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree in related discipline required. Master's Degree preferred.