- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Industry Topics and Comment Letters
- Education and Implementation Resource Center
- HHS HIPAA Compliance
- Join CORE
- Provider Data Management
- CAQH ProView
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- COB Smart
- Provider Data Management
- CAQH Index
- Provider Data Collaboration
Senior Manager, Research and Measurement
Senior Manager, Research and Measurement
Managing Director, CORE and Explorations
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Manages the Explorations area at CAQH. Explorations is responsible for managing the coordinated CAQH data-driven research agenda consisting of both internally identified and externally-focused research projects. The Exploration research portfolio is comprised of both ongoing established projects, and new research opportunities that require the Senior Manager to define, launch and steer as a result of industry and CAQH needs. Projects are expected to promote the CAQH reputation as a thought-leader and trend setter in the area of the business of healthcare simplification. The Senior Manager will serve as an advisor to the CAQH management team. The position is full-time exempt.
- Successful annual execution, oversight and evolution of the CAQH Index, which reports on data from
- over 5 billion healthcare transactions.
- Holds both day to day ongoing project design responsibilities, including data recruitment,
- collection and analyses methodologies.
- Creates, expands and oversees the number of participating organizations.
- Manages contracted vendors that perform statistical analysis, data collection, peer review and
- participant recruitment.
- Gathers, analyzes and interprets a wide variety of data, and review analysis of contractors.
- Maintains a current understanding of industry trends that influence the Index methodologies and
- can inform CAQH as it evolves the Index.
- Serves as the staff liaison to the Index Advisory Council and manages Council.
- Proactively trouble-shoots potential issues; recommends and implements resolutions.
- Support and management of the CAQH research data priorities.
- Collaborates with Managing Directors to develop, recommend and guide CAQH to prioritize the benchmarking, measurement and analysis CAQH must undertake to support the continued growth and credibility of CAQH.
- Supports product or business development, communication needs or market intelligence CAQH wants to share as a thought leader.
- Undertakes projects whose goals may be provided to, or driven by, Explorations; projects range from publically issued data reports to study design recommendations.
- Collaborates with CAQH Communications & Marketing on gaining market understanding and awareness of the Exploration reports or findings, including the CAQH Index.
- Considers potential partnerships to expand existing efforts related to the Index, other research activities, or to provide mutual strategic, tactical or financial value.
- Prepares progress reports containing details to effectively inform appropriate CAQH Board, Index Advisory Council and staff.
- Supports analytical needs of other CAQH departments as needed.
- Proactively develops and maintains a project-management reporting system.
- Prepares professional documents and represents CAQH in a professional manner at conferences, Board meetings and other relevant internal/external forums.
- Works with Managing Director to develop annual budget for Explorations and subsequently manages approved budget.
- Manages graduate-level internship program.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
- External subject matter experts (SMEs) at various contracted firms.
- Graduate-level interns and/or junior level staff.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across organizational levels as well as external stakeholders.
- Management skills to evolve a cross-functional research role within an organization.
- Ability to define a coordinated set of project goals, deliverables, and timelines.
- Very strong writing and speaking skills required.
- Knowledge of industry best practices with regard to data privacy.
- Ability to be a team player as well as a team leader.
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to interpret and present complex information.
- Proven data-driven research methodology creation and refinement skills.
- Advanced skills in statistical analysis and measurement software required. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint necessary
- Six or more years of experience in a health care services research environment or a corporate healthcare setting with a research agenda. Ph.D. research may also apply.
- Three or more years of experience in managing a range of healthcare research projects and related staff and/or contracted consultants.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to collaborate with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization, coordinate multiple work efforts, and translate business needs into practical projects.
- Proven ability to write and present, in small and large venues, clear and concise reports which contain complex data and concepts.
- Lead researcher on at least two complex projects that resulted in a public deliverable with stated data methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree and Masters of Science degree with an emphasis on statistics, informatics, economics, or related field required.
- Ph.D. in a related field highly desirable.
Download (40.06 KB)
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
Who we are:
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2016, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing federally mandated operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.