Senior Manager, Strategy and Innovation
Senior Vice President, Industry Relations
The Senior Manager, Strategy and Innovation is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Senior Vice President, Industry Relations. The position is responsible for leading the Strategy and Innovation team, exploring new initiatives and partnerships, and supporting the development of the strategy and innovation agenda.
The Senior Manager provides support to the executive leadership team through management of various activities. These may include formation of proofs-of-concepts to validate new initiatives and development of organizational strategy to support and emphasize organizational growth. Focus is on accelerating organizational performance through cohesive strategic planning and execution, and the design and monitoring of metrics to refine strategies and efforts.
This work requires a deep understanding of the environment, internal strengths and challenges, as well as external industry and regulatory dynamics that influence success. Key is the ability to work across the organization at all levels creating partnerships to drive growth with accountability for business strategies that align with the organization’s mission and vision. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Facilitate Executive Team alignment on the annual and multi-year organization plans through a strategic planning process/framework. Iterate to assure processes support member and organization’s interests.
- Act as an advisor to the executive leadership team on development of organizational strategy.
- Gather internal/external feedback to understand the areas of strength and opportunity for CAQH services.
- Perform analyses across potential businesses and product extensions to recommend build/partner decisions.
- Facilitate leadership to establish priorities across the organization and support their integration.
- Deploy a prioritization framework aimed at effective decision-making on key strategic issues and resource deployment.
- Facilitate execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with senior team members and ensuring that the strategy is communicated, implemented and easily understood by all throughout the organization.
- Ensure appropriate metrics are in place and measure performance and progress toward goals, as well as return on investment for the industry and CAQH. Develop dashboards for impact and organizational effectiveness.
- Engage external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, being alert to opportunities for growth in support of the mission.
- Identify, develop business plans for, and execute partnerships, joint ventures and other collaborative arrangements.
- Collaborate with Public Affairs to assure that strategies consider government initiatives and opportunities at the state and federal levels.
- Partner with Marketing to assure competitive intelligence is available as needed.
- Provide clear data-driven recommendations and proposed solutions.
- Conduct periodic analysis of objectives to forecast circumstances that might have a bearing and /or effect on development.
- Support an openness to innovation in thinking and approach.
- Develop and manage channels to engage internal and external stakeholders in CAQH initiatives.
- Represent CAQH and drive the organization agenda in partnerships, coalitions, task forces and committees that help further the mission.
- Continuously monitor the external environment, tracking trends and issues that may affect the strategy and operation of the organization.
- Hire, train and manage high performing team.
- Deep understanding of the health information technology marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning purposes.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Ability to find common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Bridge boundaries and norms to overcome barriers and improve outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, and customers.
- Apply a variety of strategic frameworks to analyze problems and guide and develop solutions.
- Translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, written and verbally, tailoring the messaging to effectively fit and influence the target audience.
- Broad interpersonal skills, including the ability to cultivate relationships with senior health plan executives.
- Strong management, teamwork and influencing skills.
- Genuine personal commitment to the CAQH mission and vision, as well as the values of the organization.
- Ability to externally represent CAQH as an industry leader through panel discussions, forums, advisory committees, and white papers.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Office 365 and PowerPoint).
- Seven years of experience, with at least two years leading strategy/innovation at a product or B2B healthcare technology organization.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare environment, including players, relationships, interactions across stakeholders, trends and the general policy landscape. Ability to distill and apply insights.
- Experience presenting to/leading discussions, including with Board of Directors.
- Experience in developing and managing major initiatives.
- Experience in supporting organizational change and transition.
- Experience in effective program design, development and implementation.
- Experience in a period of rapid growth and/or transition would be helpful.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field required. MBA or other relevant Masters degree strongly preferred.