Senior Product Manager
SVP, Product, Technology & Operations
The Senior Product Manager guides the team that is responsible for the overall health and success of one or more innovative solutions that transform the healthcare system. This includes increasing user adoption and working with business development to increase sales of existing products, as well as developing new solutions and driving them into the marketplace. The Senior Product Manager will build and launch products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and her/his contact with customers and prospects. The Senior Product Manager must possess a blend of business and technical expertise; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that a reality.
The Senior PM will work with all areas of the company. She/he will work with a development counterpart to define product release requirements and plans. She/he will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. The Senior PM will work with the business development team to create a repeatable sales process. She/he will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for their products. The Senior Product Manager reports to the SVP, Product, Technology & Operations in the CAQH Solutions organization; the position is full time, exempt.
- Product Strategy and Development – Act as the strategic product or portfolio lead/owner for new and existing products; work with cross-functional teams to evaluate and define new products that align with the organizational strategy.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Create and manage the product roadmap for your solutions, including the overall prioritization of product enhancements requested by internal and external stakeholders in alignment with organizational objectives.
- Define and lead product discovery and definition activities, identify market problems, develop business cases, and design conceptual solutions for existing and new CAQH Solutions.
- Develop product positioning and value proposition hypotheses for new products; establish pricing for early adopters.
- Oversee the financial health of assigned products; understand key drivers of financial performance and make recommendations to improve revenue, reduce costs and improve productivity.
- Evangelize assigned product concepts internally and externally to obtain buy-in and drive industry adoption.
- Coordinate across matrix resources to execute product design reviews, changes, and implementations.
- Utilize product management tools (Aha!/JIRA) and Agile development practices to support CAQH Solution development initiatives.
- Drive the development, commercialization, growth, maturity, and retirement of assigned existing products.
- Measure and report the actual results of the product strategy to its plan.
- Go-to-Market – Work with the product marketing team to develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Sales Enablement – Support sales teams by assisting with the development of a repeatable sales process, including sales materials and tools, conducting sales training, identifying new markets, and advising on short and long-term sales strategies existing/new products.
- Thought Leadership – Promote leading healthcare industry and organizational thinking, cultivate new ideas, foster innovation, provide subject matter expertise across settings, and mentor/coach staff members.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Ability to build consensus and motivate others to action.
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with executive, business and technical stakeholders using their terminology.
- Ability to evaluate product ideas and requests from numerous sources and articulate a rationale for those that are worth pursuing.
- Ability to make and defend decisions related to economic trade-offs and prioritization.
- Ability to define and lead product discovery and definition activities, develop business cases, and design conceptual solutions.
- Ability to document business, market or product requirements and create functional design specifications.
- Ability to create written, graphic and summary documents and presentations for internal and external use in communicating product goals and objectives.
- 7+ years in product development / product management (preferably with a technology focus).
- 4+ years managing healthcare technology products.
- Demonstrated experience in healthcare provider credentialing and primary source verification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Degrees in healthcare administration, public health, or technology disciplines preferred.