Senior Systems Engineer
Director of Technology - CAQH ProView
The Senior Systems Engineer is a critical member of the CAQH Technology team. In this role you will work with both vendor and internal teams to oversee the smooth operation of a cloud-based application with more than a million users. The Senior Systems Engineer frequently interacts with Infrastructure, Application, and Security Operations teams to ensure the system is healthy and secure at all times. The Senior Systems Engineer supports and works with the Solution Architecture and Application Development teams to design and implement the optimal future state of the application with a focus on Infrastructure.
This role is full-time, FLSA exempt and reports to the Director of Technology – CAQH ProView.
- Work with technical vendor teams to ensure cloud-based applications run securely and efficiently.
- Assist with triage and remediation of production incidents, engaging with client technical staff as needed.
- Coordinate with internal security team and vendor teams to ensure system meets or exceeds HITRUST, SOC2, and other applicable security and audit requirements.
- Oversee monitoring and management of infrastructure for both availability and performance.
- Maintain documentation representing current state of application and infrastructure components deployed in Azure.
- Analyze Azure cloud environment and make design recommendations to improve scalability, reliability, and cost.
- Recommend new technologies, practices, and architectures as appropriate to improve the system.
- Participate in or lead Infrastructure related projects as needed.
- Participates in the development of 3-5-year infrastructure roadmap.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to internal/external engineers, product management and operations personnel.
- Participate in Change Approval Board to review and approve environment changes prior to implementation.
- Ensure software licenses and versions are kept current.
- Report on Azure resources, utilization, topology, or related topics as requested by management.
- Knowledge of allocating, configuring, and monitoring cloud-based resources, including virtual machines, storage, IaaS, PaaS, and networking components.
- Ability to clearly communicate subjects that may be very technical in nature with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong scripting skills in one or more areas of Systems Administration, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, or Continuous Integration and Deployment tools in a Cloud Environment.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and protocols.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong familiarity with Azure technologies and management of Azure resources.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum/SAFe development processes is a plus.
Five years’ work experience in a technical role with minimum three years as Systems Engineer or Software Engineer required.
Experience developing or supporting Microsoft .Net applications is a plus.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field strongly preferred.