Senior Technology Manager - COB Smart
The Senior Technology Manager is the development interface between internal product managers and external solution providers, responsible for the creation and the enhancement of innovative solutions that transform the healthcare system. The Senior Technology Manager position is full time, exempt, and remote.
Application Development – Define and confirm technical requirements; guide vendor application developers and manage the development of complex program modules from general specifications. Oversee all phases of an agile SDLC with vendor development teams.
Demand Management – Partner with the business to proactively anticipate, prioritize, and integrate new project requests. Work with the business to prioritize new or competing IT demands and set delivery standards.
Roadmap Support - Engage with business and product teams to collaboratively position the CAQH product portfolio for the future.
IT Operations – Provide IT operations support, execute quality assurance testing, and develop operations capacity plans. Provide a technical voice to business needs; liaise/interface with all technology vendors (e.g. infrastructure, business operations).
Technology Innovation – Maintain uniform and current IT best practices, advise on IT concepts, and foster innovation. Facilitate the design, installation, modification, and operation of information systems initiatives.
Project Management – Manage technology projects efficiently and effectively by thoughtfully considering the factors of approach, integration, scope, time, cost, quality, people, communications, risks, and procurement. Ensure that projects stay on schedule and budget by managing risk and scope and by minimizing rework.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of relevant and up-to-date technologies (including .NET Core), applications and platforms; experience solving business problems using these technologies.
- Ability to translate functional requirements and design specifications into technical specifications and effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated analytical mindset with ability to troubleshoot and creatively solve business and technical problems across multiple companies and stakeholders.
- Ability to meet development scope, schedule and budget commitments.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, effective relationships across the organization and its solution partners.
- Demonstrated capability to manage remote (potentially off-shore) development teams.
- Willingness and aptitude to serve as a key technical resource.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, schedule-driven and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders.
- 7+ years designing, developing and delivering IT applications using object-oriented coding and design principles, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- 4+ years leading development teams with Agile Development and off-shore/remote engineering team experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing and developing databases, data movement, data replication, views, stored procedures, SSIS and SSRS solutions.
- Experience in managing ETL platforms and ETL development experience preferably using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, with deep and thorough hands-on use of T-SQL
- Proven understanding of SQL optimization.
- Experience with web application development using Microsoft MVC and Entity Framework, and API (Application Program Interface) including SOAP/REST & WFC development.
- Familiarity with a variety of software engineering tools including but not limited to version control systems, debuggers, test tools, and release management software.
- Exposure to JAVA Struts framework (and/or spring), multithreading, JDBC and MySQL is a plus.
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications in Azure is a plus.
- Experience with microservice architecture and/or Docker is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.