Director, Product Management
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and continuously improve the design to optimize the user experience and achieve business goals.
The UX/UI Designer will perform usability testing to measure and enhance the usability of the existing CAQH ProView application as well as new design concepts, to create the best user experience possible. The UX/UI Designer will explore different approaches to solve end-users’ problems by conducting in-person user tests to observe user behavior. This primary user research will inform new designs and workflows that can implemented efficiently and that will result in a better user experience aligned with stakeholder business goals. The UX/UI Designer reports to the Director, Product Management. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to developers, business analysts, and other team members working on the product. Help them understand the motivations and needs providers and health plans.
- Use primary and secondary user research to create and maintain user personas that help internal stakeholders understand key user archetypes.
- Create user journey maps to articulate the interactions that a user has with CAQH ProView, across communication channels, and between ProView and other tools.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and high-fidelity mockups that incorporate a visual or brand identify and lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Support product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver experiences optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions in collaboration with Product Managers and functional SMEs.
- Make strategic design decisions related to existing and new functionality.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Take smart risks and champion innovative ideas to achieve business goals and address customer needs in non-traditional approaches.
- Consider existing applications (competitive solutions and relevant design analogues) and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness.
- Conduct user testing of applications, software and websites.
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications.
- Ability to employ design thinking methodologies to address complex problems.
- Ability to apply information architecture principles to user experience problems.
- Ability to work with health plans and healthcare providers to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet needs and vision.
- A deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to team members, customers, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Five or more years of experience in UX/UI Design.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Design, Computer Science, Information Management, Usability, Human Computer Interaction preferred.
- Relevant UX/UI design certifications required.