UX/UI Researcher and Designer
Senior Product Manager
The UX/UI Researcher and Designer is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and continuously improve the design to optimize the user experience and achieve business goals.
The UX/UI Researcher and Designer will perform usability testing to measure and enhance the usability of the existing CAQH ProView application as well as new design concepts, to create the best user experience possible. The UX/UI Researcher and Designer will explore different approaches to solve end-users’ problems by conducting in-person user tests to observe user behavior. This primary user research will inform new designs and workflows that can implemented efficiently and that will result in a better user experience aligned with stakeholder business goals. The UX/UI Researcher and Designer reports to the Senior Product Manager. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to developers, business analysts, and other team members working on the product. Help them understand the motivations and needs providers and health plans.
- Conduct and use primary and secondary user research to create and maintain user personas that help internal stakeholders understand key user archetypes.
- Create user journey maps to articulate the interactions that a user has with CAQH ProView, across communication channels, and between ProView and other tools.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and high-fidelity mockups that incorporate CAQH design standards, brand identity and lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Support product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver experiences optimized for web with potential to expand to a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions in collaboration with Product Managers and functional SMEs.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Take smart risks and champion innovative ideas to achieve business goals and address customer needs in non-traditional approaches.
- Build and continuously improve a robust and thoughtful approach to gather customer insights.
- Gather and prioritize questions from Product, Design, and stakeholders.
- Schedule and conduct usability testing of applications, software, and websites.
- Analyze results and communicate research findings through compelling presentations and reports that include research context, perspective, and recommendations.
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications.
- Governance and adherence to web accessibility guidelines.
- Experience with research and product development software such as Dovetail and Jira is preferred.
- Ability to employ design thinking methodologies to address complex problems.
- Ability to apply information architecture principles to user experience problems.
- Ability to work with health plans and healthcare providers to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet needs and vision.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to team members, customers, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Three or more years of experience in UX/UI Research and Design.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Design, Computer Science, Information Management, Usability, Human Computer Interaction preferred.
- Relevant UX/UI research and design certifications required.