Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Senior Vice President, Business Development and Marketing
The VP, Marketing and Communications drives the development and execution of strategic marketing and communication campaigns for CAQH, raising awareness of the organization and its initiatives to achieve organizational goals.
This includes responsibility for health IT B2B marketing activities that support business development, resulting in a robust pipeline of qualified leads for CAQH Solutions. The VP also oversees communications and public relations activities for the organization, including activities within CAQH CORE and Explorations, the research and thought-leadership arm of CAQH. The position manages the marketing and communications department and its staff.
This role is full-time, exempt and reports to the Senior VP, Business Development and Marketing.
Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute ongoing marketing and communications strategy for CAQH and all initiatives, including innovative ways to increase organizational visibility and strengthen the brand. Execute marketing and communication activities that drive revenue growth and demand for CAQH Solutions, and greater awareness of CAQH and CAQH CORE and their activities.
- Design a framework for building, maintaining, managing and mentoring a high-performing marketing and communications team.
- Collaborate with product and business development department leaders to identify industry and technology trends and the competitive landscape. Present recommendations to the senior management team and regularly review successes and/or challenges.
- Lead and manage the CAQH thought leadership presence through multiple outlets, including trade media, social media, speaking engagements and organizational communications channels.
- Develop and manage annual marketing and communications budgets.
- Acquire extensive knowledge of all CAQH Solutions to understand healthcare industry use cases and functionality, industry challenges that each Solution addresses and their benefits to potential clients.
- Collaborate with product market research team on projects to drive customer segmentation efforts to better understand and articulate the needs of potential customers, develop buyer and influencer personas, map the buyer journey, test messages and determine effective strategies for increasing market penetration.
- Develop and execute targeted, in-depth marketing plans for each CAQH Solution that are based on a strong understanding of strategic marketing principles. Include clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales and profitability. Translate the strategic marketing plan into actionable quarterly targets and initiatives.
- Manage the development of detailed work plans by MarCom team staff – including timelines and budgets – for all individual marketing projects, considering the dependencies on, and needs of, other teams such as Product, Sales, Operations and Account Management.
- Lead automated marketing activities, utilizing Pardot® and Salesforce® to create a robust pipeline of qualified leads for business development. Create a content-management strategy to support B2B campaigns.
- Lead the development and production of all marketing materials and content, including messaging, web content, sales and conference presentations and advertising.
- Establish and enforce standards for success metrics and reporting that will provide performance analysis, ROI and insights for all marketing activities.
Communications, Public Relations and Website:
- Develop key messaging for the CAQH and its initiatives. Ensure consistent messaging and branding using a variety of collateral materials that advance organizational priorities and goals among all key audiences.
- Provide direction on editorial, design, production and distribution of all CAQH publications and communications to ensure consistent organizational “voice” and high-quality, persuasive writing.
- Oversee robust PR activities to increase coverage of CAQH initiatives and messages through news and social media channels. Direct the development and presentation of metrics for all communications activities.
- Plan for and lead crisis management communications activities as required. Regularly update the CAQH Issues Management Plan. Serve as a member of the CAQH issues management team (ISOC), recommend communications strategies, craft messages and execute tactics as issues arise. Serve as liaison with outside communications counsel.
- Direct the caqh.org website to ensure the development of fresh, engaging content.
- Guide the activities of the cross-departmental CAQH conference team to evaluate potential opportunities to ensure CAQH is featured at relevant conferences and trade shows and securing speaking opportunities. Oversee development of tradeshow displays, collateral marketing materials, promotional campaigns and visual aids.
- Participate in the development, coordination and promotion of periodic CAQH conferences for external stakeholders. Direct logistics and promotional activities, work in concert with other CAQH teams on topic/speaker selection and content development.
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team. Provide strategic, overarching marketing and communications insights on all key organization endeavors.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for a broad range of content types.
- Track record of success in developing and executing integrated B2B marketing and communications campaigns that include goal setting, program planning, budget management, and project management.
- Deep understanding of the health information technology marketplace. Ability to grasp complex software technology quickly.
- Strong strategic and theoretical understanding of marketing principles; experience in thoughtfully explaining marketing recommendations to internal audiences.
- Strong analytical capabilities to analyze target audience research, develop sound marketing strategies and measure results. Experience with creative execution using automated marketing software, advertising, public relations and other marketing tools and channels.
- Experience launching a new product campaign; proven ability to trouble-shoot and drive the process to completion using internal and/or external staff. Comprehensive track record of bringing ideas to fruition, maintaining a realistic approach while taking calculated risks to spur innovation.
- Proven ability to work across groups and disciplines within an organization and coordinate inter-departmental teams for marketing activities. Ability to handle responsibilities and relationships within CAQH and among external stakeholders with poise, tact, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility. Strong relationship and influencing skills; ability to get buy-in at all levels within an organization.
- Management experience in directing, delegating and organizing work and achieving timely and effective results through others, both internal and external to the organization. Ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget. Proactive, independent self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities.
- Comfortable speaking in groups and delivering presentations.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Office 365 and PowerPoint).
Ten years experience with at least five years’ experience in B2B healthcare information technology, SaaS, or related IT industry marketing at the Director or equivalent level.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field required. MBA or other relevant Master’s degree desired but not required.