Vice President, Strategy and Partnerships
The Vice President, Strategy and Partnerships is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the President of CAQH. The position is a member of the leadership team and is responsible for guiding the strategy and partnerships agenda.
The position supports the enterprise through development of an organizational strategy and associated initiatives that emphasize effective growth and sustaining the organization. Focus is on accelerating organizational performance through cohesive strategic planning and execution, and the design and monitoring of metrics to refine strategies and efforts. This work requires a deep understanding of the environment, internal strengths and challenges, as well as external industry and regulatory dynamics that influence success. Key is the ability to work across the organization at all levels creating internal and external partnerships to drive growth with accountability for business strategies that align with the CAQH Mission and Vision. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Drive creation and Executive Team alignment on annual and multi-year organization plans through a comprehensive strategic planning process/framework. Continually iterate to assure processes support member and organization’s interests.
- Gather internal/external feedback to understand the areas of strength and opportunity for CAQH services.
- Perform analyses across potential businesses and product extensions to recommend build/partner decisions.
- Facilitate leadership to establish priorities across the organization and support their integration.
- Drive effective decision-making on key strategic issues and resource deployment through a prioritization framework.
- Facilitate execution by working collaboratively with senior team members and ensuring that the strategy is communicated, implemented, and easily understood throughout the organization.
- Ensure appropriate metrics are in place and measure performance and progress toward goals, as well as return on investment for the industry and CAQH. Develop dashboards for impact and organizational effectiveness.
- Act as key advisor to the President.
- Engage external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, being alert to opportunities for growth in support of the Mission.
- Identify, develop business plans for, and execute partnerships, joint ventures and other collaborative arrangements.
- Collaborate with Public Affairs to assure that strategies consider government initiatives and opportunities at the state and federal levels.
- Partner with Product to assure competitive intelligence is available as needed.
- Provide clear data-driven recommendations and proposed solutions.
- Conduct periodic analysis of objectives to forecast circumstances that might have a bearing and /or effect on development.
- Identify and assess full spectrum of potential growth opportunities, including new products and new market segments.
- Support an openness to innovation in thinking and approach.
- Develop and manage channels to engage internal and external stakeholders in CAQH initiatives.
- Represent CAQH and drive the organization agenda in partnerships, coalitions, task forces and committees that help further the Mission.
- Continuously monitor the external environment, tracking trends and issues that may affect the strategy and operation of the organization.
- Hire, train and manage high performing team.
- Deep understanding of the health information technology marketplace. Grasp complex software technology quickly.
- Ability to weigh growth, value to the industry, profitability and risk to vet and prioritize potential opportunities.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of organizational planning, budgeting and measurement techniques. Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning purposes.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Find common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Bridge boundaries and norms to overcome barriers and improve outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, and customers.
- Apply a variety of strategic frameworks to analyze problems and guide and develop solutions.
- Translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, written and verbally, tailoring the messaging to effectively fit and influence the target audience.
- Broad interpersonal skills, including the ability to cultivate relationships with senior health plan executives.
- Strong leadership, teamwork and influencing skills.
- Genuine personal commitment to the CAQH Mission and Vision, as well as the values of the organization.
- Ability to externally represent CAQH as an industry leader through panel discussions, forums, advisory committees, and white papers as directed by the President.
- Managing and developing professional staff.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Office 365 and PowerPoint).
- 12 - 15 years of experience, with at least three to five years leading strategy/innovation at a product or B2B healthcare technology organization.
- Experience in managing professional staff.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare environment, including players, relationships, interactions across stakeholders, trends, and the general policy landscape. Ability to distill and apply insights.
- Experience presenting to/leading discussions with Board of Directors.
- Proven track record in strategic planning, development and execution.
- Experience in developing and leading major initiatives.
- Experience in supporting organizational change and transition.
- Experience in effective program design, development and implementation.
- Experience in a period of rapid growth and/or transition would be helpful.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field required. MBA or other relevant Masters degree strongly preferred.