- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Value-Based Payments
- Industry Topics and Comment Letters
- Education and Implementation Resource Center
- Join CORE
- CAQH ProView
- CAQH ProView for Groups
- CAQH ProView - Dental
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Credentialing Solutions Suite
- COB Smart
12th Healthcare Payments Innovations
Expediting friction-free transaction flow between payers, providers, members/patients and banks to ensure speed, accuracy and cost-efficiency
February 26, 2019 to February 27, 2019
CAQH CORE Director Erin Richter-Weber will present "Exclusive CAQH CORE Study Results" on February 26th at 9:00 a.m.
Exclusive CAQH CORE Study Results: Applying the Lessons of FFS to Streamline Adoption of Value-based Payments
Today, as elements of value-based payments are being implemented by a growing number of stakeholders, CAQH CORE sees opportunities to strengthen the operational processes and systems supporting it. Many features of value-based payment do not align with the current fee- for-service operational system. Indeed, proprietary systems and processes for implementing value-based payment have already begun to introduce variation. Without collaboration to minimize variations, the current environment is ripe for repeating a scenario that cost stakeholders billions of dollars and slowed and complicated adoption of fee-for-service transactions. CAQH CORE conducted an 18-month study to examine value-based payment operational processes and to identify opportunity areas that, if improved, would streamline implementation of value-based payment. This presentation will detail the results of this study – a report proposing five opportunity areas associated with value-based payment including data harmonization, interoperability, patient risk stratification, provider attribution and quality measurement. Within each opportunity area, unique challenges and recommended industry- wide strategies to address each opportunity will be highlighted.
By collaborating now, before proprietary systems and processes become entrenched in value- based payment operations, by reaching out to potential collaborators across the industry and by applying lessons learned through its success in the fee-for-service space, CAQH CORE hopes to energize an effort to ease value-based payment operational inefficiencies.
- Become familiar with the challenges industry is facing in its transition from fee-for- service to value-based payments.
- Understand the CAQH CORE study and resulting report on value-based payment operational processes and opportunity areas that, if improved, would streamline implementation of value-based payment.
- Learn how to get involved in the effort to address the challenges contained in the five opportunity areas to ease value-based payment operational inefficiencies.
More info here.