- Operating Rules
- CORE Certification
- Value-Based Payments
- Industry Topics and Comment Letters
- Education and Implementation Resource Center
- Join CORE
- CAQH ProView
- CAQH ProView for Groups
- CAQH ProView - Dental
- Provider Directory - DirectAssure
- Credentialing Solutions Suite
- COB Smart
- CAQH Index
- Provider Data Collaboration
MGMA19 | The Operations Conference
April 14, 2019 to April 16, 2019
CAQH CORE Director Erin Richter-Weber will present "Applying the Lessons of Fee-for-Service to Streamline Adoption of Value-based Payments" on April 15th at 1:30 p.m.
Many features of value-based payments do not align with the current fee-for-service operational system. Indeed, proprietary systems and processes for implementing value-based payments have already begun to introduce variation. Without collaboration to minimize variations, the current environment is ripe for repeating a scenario that cost stakeholders billions of dollars and slowed and complicated adoption of fee-for-service transactions. This presentation will detail the results of an 18-month study conducted by CAQH CORE to examine value-based payment operational processes and to identify opportunity areas that, if improved, would streamline implementation of value-based payment. These areas include data harmonization, interoperability, patient risk stratification, provider attribution and quality measurement. Within each, unique challenges and recommended industry-wide strategies to address each opportunity will be highlighted.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Examine the challenges the healthcare industry is facing in its transition from fee-for-service to value-based payments
- Analyze the CAQH CORE study results to understand the value-based payment operational processes and opportunity areas that, if improved, would streamline implementation of value-based payment
- Determine how you can address these opportunity areas to streamline your practice’s transition to value-based payments
View the full agenda here.