The Director of Product Portfolio Strategy manages the roadmap development process and provides training and documentation support for product leaders to publish long term plans aligned to the organization’s strategy and goals.
The Director of Product Portfolio Strategy manages the roadmap development process and provides training and documentation support for product leaders to publish long term plans aligned to the organization’s strategy and goals. Establishes and maintains streams of market research, product intelligence appropriate for portfolios and coordinates inputs from internal and external stakeholders to form roadmaps, business cases, and a 3-year portfolio plan. This position coaches and ensures product strategy best practices, based on Pragmatic Marketing principles, are incorporated into Product Portfolio investment requests, forecasting, and execution. Supports talent development of the product organization by providing coaching, operating models, and content for training for townhall forums.
The Director of Product Portfolio Strategy reports to the Senior Vice President, Product Strategy in the CAQH Solutions organization. This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Leads and manages the product roadmap development process to develop long term plans that align with CAQH strategy and goals.
- Coalesces with internal and external stakeholders for market research and product intelligence.
- Ensure product strategy best practices are maintained in forming an 18-month Roadmap and 3-Year Plan associated to each portfolio.
- Ensure market research, voice of customer, and internal stakeholders needs are represented in the portfolio’s roadmap and strategy.
- Create repeatable and reliable matrixed processes.
- Ensure Radical Listening & Design-Thinking best practices are used to form a shared Point of View for the product’s vision.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of product management discipline, executive-level documentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize market and customer needs and illustrate a vision through buyer personas, journey maps, and workflows.
- Ability to position products based on buyer personas, market opportunities and segmentation.
- Have firm grounding in healthcare industry trends including provider workflow integration, member engagement, digital strategies, and AI/data science.
- Experience creating Payer and Provider-facing reporting and analytic solutions.
- Demonstrates strong technical and business acumen.
- Knowledge of market priorities for payer and providers
- Previous experience managing multiple products or a product line.
- Experience as Product Owner in Agile/Scrum Framework.
- Experience as Product Manager following Pragmatic Marketing discipline to develop Persona, workflows, and Roadmap.
- 10+ years of health care or IT business experience or related background with proven track record in product/program management.
- Proven consultation, business analysis, product manager, and client/relationship management skills at the technical and business leadership level.
- Experience managing and coaching resources towards performance goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic direction as well as develop tactical plans.
- Solid knowledge of the healthcare industry, products and services.
- Demonstrated process improvement/change management skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Able to travel up to 25.
- Knowledge of various compliance standards within the Healthcare industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituencies and diverse groups of people.
- Ability to operate in a fast pace and changing environment remaining focused on results and goals.
- Display consistent professionalism and good judgment during conflict and resolves differences constructively.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.