We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Manager, Data Solutions to be Product Management’s representative in cross-functional teams at CAQH as the business solution data expert for CAQH’s applications, extracts, APIs, and overall product solutions.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Manager, Data Solutions to be Product Management’s representative in cross-functional teams at CAQH as the business solution data expert for CAQH’s applications, extracts, APIs, and overall product solutions. The Product Data Governance and Stewardship Manager aligns the product roadmap with other departments’ roadmaps. They partner with Architecture, Data Science, Technology, Solutions Design, Operations, Account Management, and Product Marketing/Communications teams to provide the information these teams need for their customer-facing deliverables (i.e. Extract Dictionaries). They also provide internal documentation such as Business Glossaries, Data Catalogs, and are a primary contributor to the Data Governance Committee with content and suggestions. The manager serves as the Product team contact for other CAQH departments that require data documentation to support their work, such as the Architecture/Data Science/Technology teams.
The Manager, Data Solutions works with other areas to provide new and revised content in concert with releases of products or new tooling. They are responsible for all the processes and procedures that enable a smooth and effective data documentation delivery system for all products delivered by the Product team.
They represent the Product team interests by determining the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest end user comprehension, generating innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions, collaborating with internal Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Product team members to ensure specialized content is appropriately addressed in documentation and Data Governance tooling.
This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of health plan, member, and provider group data administration, and how that data plays a role in multiple use cases within the health care industry.
- Develops processes and procedures for the data documentation process.
- Partners with the enterprise Data Governance committees as a business consultant and deliverable contributor.
- Participates in the Data Governance committee as part of Product representation.
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of the fundamentals of CAQH member and provider data solutions.
- Communicates and collaborates with Product team staff to plan, develop, and produce high quality communication products in a Scaled Agile environment.
- Participates in Program Increment planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-Ups, Feature Demonstrations, Retrospectives, and other Scaled Agile ceremonies as needed to build and support documentation processes and standards.
- Develops templates and reusable documentation tools that ensure data documentation produced has a professional look and feel, is readable and usable, and follows CAQH brand standards.
- Edits, re-writes and produces original writing and support materials that include documents, graphics, tutorial pages, user guides, and other internal and customer facing content.
- Maintains data documentation in support of both internal and external audience needs.
- Ensures projects adhere to schedules and deadlines associated to release calendar and Scaled Agile development lifecycle.
- Sets work priorities to meet changing deadlines and scope of work definitions.
- Applies CAQH corporate style standards in all communications.
- Expert in healthcare data from a payer and/or provider perspective.
- Be able to train cross-functional teams how data is used in context with our customer’s needs because they are an expert regarding healthcare data.
- Demonstrated self-starter and creative thinker who can leverage unstructured, real-world data and be comfortable thinking about solving problems using novel approaches.
- A “systems thinker” who can quickly understand how a solution can have impact on and be impacted by more than just the immediate product component being worked.
- Demonstrates analytical capabilities to identify and assess solution options in collaboration with the software development team and presents informed visualizations for CAQH staff use.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in writing, editing, maintaining, and managing technical documentation.
- Experienced in developing the framework for processes and procedures for document management.
- 7 years of Data Stewardship, preferably in healthcare payer data.
- Elevated understanding of data models without being a data modeler.
- Healthcare experience preferred. Experience writing within a highly regulated industry is required.
- Fluency in technical and common office software (Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Proven experience in developing procedures and processes and maintaining and managing documents and other artifacts.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Healthcare administration, public health, or technology disciplines preferred.
What You Get
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. We offer full-time remote work to all staff from any location and maintain a physical office in downtown Washington, DC.
At CAQH, we are proud of our active commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Our DEI committee works diligently to foster an inclusive workplace where all individuals are valued, respected, and empowered. We embrace diverse perspectives and are dedicated to providing equal opportunities for everyone to thrive. Join us in our mission to transform healthcare through innovative technology solutions while making a positive impact on the lives of diverse communities.
CAQH is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, source of income, place of residence, or any other characteristic protected by law. CAQH will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Applicants have rights under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA). If you are interested in applying for employment with CAQH and need an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact CAQH Human Resources at 202-517-0436.
Who We Are
Named one Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work,” CAQH has helped nearly 1,000 health plans, 2+ million providers, government entities and vendors connect, exchange information and operate more efficiently. CAQH technology-enabled solutions and its Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE) bring the healthcare industry together to make sharing business information more automated, predictable, and consistent. CAQH Insights researches opportunities to reduce the burden of manual processes in healthcare administration.