The Cloud Security Architect will be responsible for designing, developing, and managing the security architecture of our cloud-based systems and services.
The Cloud Security Architect will be responsible for designing, developing, and managing the security architecture of our cloud-based systems and services. This role requires a deep understanding of security principles and controls, cloud security/operations tooling, and experience working with Microsoft Azure. The role will require cross-functional interaction and collaboration with various business and technology partners to influence and execute CAQH cloud security strategy.
This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Works with business units to identify system vulnerabilities, performing hands-on cloud security risk assessments and managing remediation efforts where necessary.
- Work closely with application development teams to ensure the secure deployment and maintenance of cloud applications and infrastructure.
- Anticipates security threats and potential weaknesses in the existing cloud/software-as-a-service (SaaS) structure and helps create new technologies, processes, and systems to solve cloud security risk problems.
- Researches and creates a comprehensive strategy for cloud-native security (i.e., data classification and categorization; data segmentation; server access control; resources-based access control and access control lists; user identity access management and attestation; data-at-rest encryption; data-in-transit encryption; encryption key management, logging, auditing, and anomaly detection; and role-based access control).
- Assists in the integration of development pipelines with secure configuration parameters to remove or reduce known threat vectors and vulnerabilities in infrastructure-as-code (IaC) and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) build configurations and release automation.
- Supports and administers an enterprise-wide cloud access security broker, security web gateway solutions, cloud management platforms, and cloud governance solutions, serving as the subject matter expert for these technologies.
- Deploys strong identity and access management controls, including cloud infrastructure entitlement management across application and cloud computing environments.
- Deep understanding of cloud native technologies, microservices and serverless applications.
- Proven knowledge of fundamental cloud and application security concepts and frameworks such as OWASP.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation in cloud-based environments.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code deployments and familiar with relevant tools.
- Strong understanding of containers and container orchestration systems.
- Strong scripting and/or programming skills.
- Knowledge of cyber security frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, CIS Controls, PCI DSS, HITRUST).
- 7+ Years of overall IT Experience with a major emphasis on Information Security.
- 5+ Years of experience building and integrating systems within cloud providers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Cloud Security Certifications, CISSP or CCSP certifications preferred.
What You Get
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. We offer full-time remote work to all staff from any location and maintain a physical office in downtown Washington, DC.
At CAQH, we are proud of our active commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Our DEI committee works diligently to foster an inclusive workplace where all individuals are valued, respected, and empowered. We embrace diverse perspectives and are dedicated to providing equal opportunities for everyone to thrive. Join us in our mission to transform healthcare through innovative technology solutions while making a positive impact on the lives of diverse communities.
CAQH is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, source of income, place of residence, or any other characteristic protected by law. CAQH will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Applicants have rights under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA). If you are interested in applying for employment with CAQH and need an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact CAQH Human Resources at 202-517-0436.
Who We Are
Named one Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work,” CAQH has helped nearly 1,000 health plans, 2+ million providers, government entities and vendors connect, exchange information and operate more efficiently. CAQH technology-enabled solutions and its Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE) bring the healthcare industry together to make sharing business information more automated, predictable, and consistent. CAQH Insights researches opportunities to reduce the burden of manual processes in healthcare administration.