The Sr. Cloud Security Engineer is a technology and process focused security professional with significant experience in information security, cloud architecture and engineering, and DevSecOps disciplines.
The Sr. Cloud Security Engineer is a technology and process focused security professional with significant experience in information security, cloud architecture and engineering, and DevSecOps disciplines. As a member of the information security team, the Senior Cloud Security Engineer will play a key leadership role in the InfoSec function of security architecture and provide guidance to other enterprise teams for all cloud security related matters in Azure.
This is a full-time, exempt, remote position.
- Respond to Cloud Security Incidents and conduct investigations.
- Threat Modeling of cloud services & application patterns.
- Create scripts to achieve a high level of automation in cloud security.
- Operate vulnerability discovery tools for operating systems, containers, and software libraries.
- Configure and create custom monitoring & alerting functions in the cloud.
- Collaborate with Leadership in developing Security policies and standards for Containerization, Infrastructure as Code, Cloud configurations, Cloud Network Security, and Compute workloads.
- Security Risk Assessments (Cloud Services & Patterns).
- Work closely with the cloud security architect to build and operationalize the security tool set.
- Leads cloud projects, including tactical initiatives and architecture and implementation of various security solutions and processes with focus on cloud security.
- Strong scripting and/or programming skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using APIs with automation to complete tasks.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Providers (Azure).
- Experience with threat modeling.
- Understanding of containerization technologies.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of cyber security frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, CIS Controls, PCI DSS, HITRUST).
- 5+ Years of overall IT Experience with a major emphasis on Information Security.
- 3+ Years of experience building and integrating systems within cloud providers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Cloud Security Certifications, CISSP or CCSP certifications preferred.
What You Get
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. We offer full-time remote work to all staff from any location and maintain a physical office in downtown Washington, DC.
At CAQH, we are proud of our active commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Our DEI committee works diligently to foster an inclusive workplace where all individuals are valued, respected, and empowered. We embrace diverse perspectives and are dedicated to providing equal opportunities for everyone to thrive. Join us in our mission to transform healthcare through innovative technology solutions while making a positive impact on the lives of diverse communities.
CAQH is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, source of income, place of residence, or any other characteristic protected by law. CAQH will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Applicants have rights under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA). If you are interested in applying for employment with CAQH and need an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact CAQH Human Resources at 202-517-0436.
Who We Are
Named one Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work,” CAQH has helped nearly 1,000 health plans, 2+ million providers, government entities and vendors connect, exchange information and operate more efficiently. CAQH technology-enabled solutions and its Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE) bring the healthcare industry together to make sharing business information more automated, predictable, and consistent. CAQH Insights researches opportunities to reduce the burden of manual processes in healthcare administration.