The Sr. Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for developing and supporting applications for a growing portfolio of nationwide industry utilities aimed at streamlining business processes across the entire healthcare system.
The Sr. Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for developing and supporting applications for a growing portfolio of nationwide industry utilities aimed at streamlining business processes across the entire healthcare system. This role manages the development, implementation, operations, and support of proprietary applications. This role is accountable for overseeing distributed teams of software engineers located in multiple countries. These responsibilities support all functions in the organization as well as external partners for CAQH Provider Data Solutions.
The Senior Software Engineering Manager is a full-time, remote, exempt position and reports to the Director, Software Engineering. Occasional travel to the corporate headquarters in Washington, DC, and other locations in support of the business may be required.
- Lead one or more software engineering teams to design, develop and deliver high-quality, resilient, and scalable software products and services that meet business needs on time and within budget.
- Define and confirm technical requirements, oversee development activities throughout the SDLC, and manage the development of complex program modules from general specifications.
- Facilitate the installation, modification, upgrade, and operation of existing software products.
- Maintain uniform and current software engineering best practices, advise on development concepts, and foster creative problem solving.
- Set clear performance expectations and objectives for the team and suppliers, regularly evaluating progress, and providing feedback on resources, tasks, efforts, and goals.
- Review all work produced by assigned development teams.
- Promote a high-velocity agile mindset to software development and DevSecOps by leveraging SAFe and scrum as part in the software and product development lifecycles.
- Collaborate closely with technology partners in the organization to deliver impactful results including architecture, infrastructure, information security, and data science.
- Drive the delivery of innovative technology solutions via a blend of proven and cutting-edge technologies to optimize business outcomes and delight our customers.
- Manage development efforts efficiently and effectively by thoughtfully considering the factors of approach, integration, time, quality, and risks.
- Ensure initiatives stay on schedule and deliver intended scope by managing people, plans, risks, issues, and scope, and by minimizing rework.
- Manage changes effectively and report progress to plans on initiatives.
- Proactively anticipate, prioritize, and integrate new project requests. Work with the business to prioritize new or competing demands and set delivery and accountability standards.
- Recommend opportunities for improvements in existing applications, and systematically identify, prioritize, communicate, monitor, and execute improvements.
- Manage and monitor suppliers with a strong focus on delivery performance, risk management and continuous improvement.
- Proactively develop, document, implement, enforce, and report on engineering best practices.
- Manage to resolution problem incidents, root cause analyses, corrective action plans, issue escalations, and the timely recovery of systems to normal business operations.
- Stay current on engineering trends and emerging technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant and up-to-date technologies (including .NET Core), applications and platforms; experience solving business problems using these technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to translate functional requirements and design specifications into technical specifications and effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated analytical mindset with ability to troubleshoot and creatively solve business and technical problems across multiple companies and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization and partners.
- Demonstrated capability to manage remote offshore development teams and simultaneous efforts.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, schedule-driven, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing in-house and outsourced solutions with international locations.
- Ability to acquire and retain organizational, domain and product knowledge rapidly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Self-driven, hands-on, and collaborative team player able to deliver under pressure.
- Working Knowledge of Scrum, SAFe, Jira, and Confluence.
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing, and delivering technology applications, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- 5+ years leading development teams with Agile Development and offshore team experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET core, Entity Framework, SQL, Git and GitHub, CRM – On Prem.
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications in Azure.
- Experience with microservice architecture and/or Docker, Microsoft Networking and Security, Microsoft IIS Applications, Microsoft SQL Server scripting and Microsoft Operating Systems, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent required.
What You Get
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. We offer full-time remote work to all staff from any location and maintain a physical office in downtown Washington, DC.
At CAQH, we are proud of our active commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Our DEI committee works diligently to foster an inclusive workplace where all individuals are valued, respected, and empowered. We embrace diverse perspectives and are dedicated to providing equal opportunities for everyone to thrive. Join us in our mission to transform healthcare through innovative technology solutions while making a positive impact on the lives of diverse communities.
CAQH is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, source of income, place of residence, or any other characteristic protected by law. CAQH will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Applicants have rights under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA). If you are interested in applying for employment with CAQH and need an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact CAQH Human Resources at 202-517-0436.
Who We Are
Named one Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work,” CAQH has helped nearly 1,000 health plans, 2+ million providers, government entities and vendors connect, exchange information and operate more efficiently. CAQH technology-enabled solutions and its Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE) bring the healthcare industry together to make sharing business information more automated, predictable, and consistent. CAQH Insights researches opportunities to reduce the burden of manual processes in healthcare administration.