Sr. Manager, Customer & Market Insights
<p><span>VP, Strategy and Partnerships</span></p>
The Sr. Manager, Customer & Market Insights is a driven market research professional who works across the organization to develop, deliver, and scale the use of research, insights, and benchmarking to help advance our growth and mission.
- Lead market research, competitive intelligence, and solution benchmarking as a function and valued internal consultancy, generating insights and applying them across departments to drive improved business performance.
- Work cross-functionally to analyze product effectiveness and understand what is needed to improve product capability and or differentiation to win in the market.
- Oversee development and execution of annual and ad hoc market research projects to drive or address business challenges and opportunities.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of vendors with different market research expertise areas.
- Develop and manage a market intelligence governance process and platform for CAQH, including leading monthly steering committees.
- Track publicly available competitive news, announcements, and messaging to be reported to CAQH leadership.
- Provide actionable take-aways from research and helps business partners understand how to change their processes/actions as a result.
- Ensure all the organization’s CMI resources are effectively leveraged to make a maximum contribution to grow the mission.
- Assist in the development of strategic business and marketing plans.
- Develop best-in-class testing frameworks that improve the likelihood of useable results.
- Stay up to date on emerging marketing data-related trends.
- Collaborate with product marketing, product management, finance, business development and other stakeholders.
- Translate business questions and marketing objectives into analytic hypotheses, data needs and reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
CAQH is a national alliance of leading health plans and providers that provides critical data and technology-enabled solutions to help streamline and simplify business processes. Partnering closely with our health plan members, CAQH transforms information exchange between healthcare industry segments to make transactions more efficient. CAQH has established a market leadership position in provider data management and patient coverage solutions, and now seeks to expand its impact and reach by investing in new products and services in broader areas.
The Sr. Manager, Customer & Market Insights is a driven market research professional who works across the organization to develop, deliver, and scale the use of research, insights, and benchmarking to help advance our growth and mission. This person will be both market researcher and functional leader. She/he will have the chance to conduct primary and secondary market research in partnership with colleagues around the organization, and then develop a platform and repository of tools and insights that CAQH teams can take advantage of in their work.
The right candidate will be experienced in market research, competitive intelligence gathering, voice of the customer analytics, and assessment of both new and existing solution opportunities. She/he will be a collaborative change agent who can work with leaders across the firm on projects needing good market insights for business decisions. Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience building out a function that can scale the impact of work beyond a single project.
This is an excellent role for a self-motivated professional, looking to solve complex, challenging business problems; balance internal and external engagement; build their client-facing voice and presence and own an emerging function independently within a company.
This is a full-time, exempt, remote position and reports to the Vice President, Strategy & Partnerships at CAQH.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders using their terminology.
- Ability to support a mix of in-house and vendor-based resources.
- Ability to serve as a trusted business partner with product management, product marketing, sales, and account management.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations to ensure stakeholder alignment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt messages for different audiences and marketing/communications channels.
- Strong analytic capabilities to analyze target audience market research, competitive intelligence, and in-house end to end conversion metrics (and others) to develop product capabilities to drive product and market growth.
- Ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget. Proactive, independent self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities and keep the team members on track against deadlines and accountabilities.
- Ability to handle responsibilities and relationships within CAQH and among stakeholders with poise, tact, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
- 5 or more years in market research, competitive intelligence, product strategy, or related work required with strong presentation and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.