In 2020, total spending on prior authorization increased to $767 million, with 86 percent of the spending incurred by providers. However, the CAQH Index estimates that $417 million could be saved annually if plans and providers moved to fully electronic transactions.
Given the administrative burden experienced throughout our industry and significant savings potential, CAQH CORE Participants developed operating rules to standardize key components of prior authorization process to enable greater automation. Entities, like HealthTrio, are now getting CORE-certified to demonstrate their conformance with the CAQH CORE Prior Authorization Operating Rules.
Join this webinar to:
- Learn about the CORE Certification process and understand the benefits of the prior authorization operating rules
- Listen to a conversation with HealthTrio about the real-world outcomes of implementing electronic prior authorization and going through the CORE Certification process
- Sherri Yandell, Director of Project and Product Management, HealthTrio
- Taha Anjarwalla, Senior Manager, CAQH CORE
- Adam Nichols, Senior Associate, CAQH CORE