Pay claims correctly the first time
COB Smart® identifies primary and secondary coverage and determines primacy weekly, before claims are paid, to increase payment accuracy and reduce administrative costs associated with recovery.
- Increase identification of new secondary COB coverage
- Improved payment accuracy
- Reduce costs from member canvassing, claim reprocessing, data validation and recovery
- Automate manual processes
- Improve provider and member satisfaction by expediting eligibility and claims processes
How COB Smart Works
- Offers the only national commercial and state database for member eligibility data updated weekly
- Data from more than 45 health plans matched to identify overlapping coverage
- Medical-to-medical overlaps validated with 99.5 percent accuracy
- New coverage overlaps delivered to you every Monday
- COB Smart portal facilitates member research, plan-to-plan inquires and tracking for faster COB resolution
Toolkit: Take Your COB Process from Recovery to Prevention
Focusing your COB process on early identification of overlapping coverage increases efficiency and cost savings. Download our toolkit to get a step-by-step guide to moving your COB process from "pay and chase" to prospective.
A regional Blue Cross / Blue Shield health plan raised its coordination of benefits (COB) rate from 4 percent to 9 percent, reduced the instances it paid primary and increased the instances it paid secondary on claims. Learn more.
Learn how a large, highly regarded health plan serving states in the mid-Atlantic region streamlined COB processes and reduced spend on recovery vendors, saving more than $220 million annually. Keep reading.
One of the nation's largest health plans decreased administrative costs by more than $4 million annually and increased medical cost savings for its commercial, Medicaid and Medicare Advantage business lines. Learn more.